News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary International Airport

With Boston now, most of the large airports in the US are covered. Detroit/Philadelphia/Washington and Miami are left, but I don't know if anyone cares much if we get routes to those places. Miami might be kind of nice, it would mean coverage for pretty much all geographical regions of the US.

With Boston now, most of the large airports in the US are covered. Detroit/Philadelphia/Washington and Miami are left, but I don't know if anyone cares much if we get routes to those places. Miami might be kind of nice, it would mean coverage for pretty much all geographical regions of the US.
Westjet still flies direct to Orlando too

Westjet does Fort Lauderdale 2x a week I think.

...and WestJet announces seasonal YYC-BOS, starting in May (a month earlier than AC). To be operated by a 737-700.

Nice! "Fantastic routes need fantastic schedules" ... Looks like Westjet is flying a humane and leisurely schedule for Calgary-based travelers, just like their NYC service, while Air Canada is flying a middle of the night arrival / crack of dawn departure to facilitate connections.

...and WestJet announces seasonal YYC-BOS, starting in May (a month earlier than AC). To be operated by a 737-700.

Nice! "Fantastic routes need fantastic schedules" ... Looks like Westjet is flying a humane and leisurely schedule for Calgary-based travelers, just like their NYC service, while Air Canada is flying a middle of the night arrival / crack of dawn departure to facilitate connections.
The best of both worlds!

Those are some sweet numbers. Even with the sputtering economy YYC keeps going.

Great news for YYC. I yearn for the day that we surpass YUL again, however I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Hitting 18 Million even more of an achievement when taken into account the effect of the 737 Max grounding.

"According to research conducted by aviation consultancy firm InterVISTAS and released by the Calgary Airport Authority on Friday, YYC was the fourth most impacted airport in North America and the eighth most impacted in the world when it comes to the number of flights affected by the grounding. The airport estimates that the global no-fly order for the Max 8 aircraft issued last March in the aftermath of two fatal crashes of planes belonging to airlines in Ethiopia and Indonesia resulted in 2,300 fewer flights and 300,000 fewer available seats for passengers flying from and through Calgary in 2019."

Back