Imperia | 95.3m | 27s | Truman | NORR

IMG_6853.jpeg
IMG_6854.jpeg

These are the same sides, both the West side of the building, just one from SW (Render) and NW (actual photo). You can see the flags for the legion on the left side of the renders, which is to the West of this building.

Below is one from the same perspective as the renders, Looking North from the SW.

View attachment 592157
These are photos from the Frontier thread, https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/calgary-frontier-30m-8s-truman-s2.33360/page-7
Right, and you can see the taller area of the west side is 31% spandrel and the west portion of the south side is 33%. It's not that bad. Yes, the north end is definitely the opposite, but few will see this area.

I expect more high rises to get the go ahead in downtown and beltline. the Alberta government gave an update on the economy yesterday and the their population forecast for the year is The province’s population will jump 4.6% in 2024, faster than the 4.1% rate last year. I also noticed many people who left Calgary during the NDP government are coming back. Alberta Sees Population Boom, Higher Oil Prices Boosting Surplus

I expect more high rises to get the go ahead in downtown and beltline. the Alberta government gave an update on the economy yesterday and the their population forecast for the year is The province’s population will jump 4.6% in 2024, faster than the 4.1% rate last year. I also noticed many people who left Calgary during the NDP government are coming back. Alberta Sees Population Boom, Higher Oil Prices Boosting Surplus
Question. How does any government in Alberta control oil prices? Not sure they come /leave Alberta because of the government. If that was the case people would be leaving in droves with the incompetence leading us now🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Wow if that population jump happens, that’ll put the provincial population at 5.03 million by Q4. Yowza.

Edit: essentially that means another 120,000 people in the Calgary CMA, 110,000 in the rest of the province… or vice versa.

Last edited:
Yeah it will be cool to surpass 5 million provincially. And the Calgary CMA is getting sooo close to 2 million (especially when you add in the people in Foothills, Okotoks etc who should be part of the CMA).

It is a pretty tight site, footprint-wise, so they could have been pushing close to their maximum FAR perhaps? Also a redesign to add more floors may have required changes to the elevator configuration and thus, necessitated some redesign of the interior spaces? I think once sales reach a certain level, it's hard to make those kinds of changes without having to do some redesign.
Developers in Toronto add floors or altering floor plans adding sometimes nearly 100 additional units without changing the elevator configuration. They get away by installing faster elevators.

The difference between Calgary and Toronto is maximum FAR. Toronto doesn't appear to have a maximum allowable built density. They recently approved a tower with 60 FAR. 60!

Frontier's spandrel glass is a possible bad sign. It's still curtain wall. This should be too.

Plaza by Cantiro will be cheap window wall instead of the curtain wall in the renderings based on Cantiro's reputation.

Back