Hudson Condos | 20m | 5s | Sarina Homes | Casola Koppe

500FBC79-E6DE-4A42-BD02-ABAC52C345D0.jpeg
E6F3787D-1C94-4658-8FE6-04F9FADEEAF4.jpeg
FCE145FE-383B-4C37-8B00-6BC664E2D968.jpeg

Decent name.

There sure seems to be a push to sell condos to Ontario investors.
Yes there is. There are 39 Calgary projects on that website and only 2 from Edmonton. Aside from rent guarantees, I don't know how they are selling them. Yes owning a condo in Calgary is much cheaper than a comparable condo in Toronto and Vancouver. However, what are the prospects of price appreciation in Calgary? If recent history is any indication ... there are none. Anyone buying a condo in this market 10-15 years ago has not seen any price appreciation and if you really need to sell, be prepared to sell for less that what you paid for it.

Yes there is. There are 39 Calgary projects on that website and only 2 from Edmonton. Aside from rent guarantees, I don't know how they are selling them. Yes owning a condo in Calgary is much cheaper than a comparable condo in Toronto and Vancouver. However, what are the prospects of price appreciation in Calgary? If recent history is any indication ... there are none. Anyone buying a condo in this market 10-15 years ago has not seen any price appreciation and if you really need to sell, be prepared to sell for less that what you paid for it.
Ssshhhhh! Ontarians might be reading this!

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

Investing is always a gamble, but Calgary is probably as good a place as any to invest in. Toronto and Vancouver have had high gains over recent years, but are also a risk of large drops. Toronto is already seeing some drops, whereas Calgary which is suddenly at 5.5% unemployment and has had a down market for some time may be one of the few places where real estate rises over the next 2-3 years.

Rendering looks pretty good. Don’t expect the landscaping to look anything like this unfortunately. Sarina doesn’t have a great track record in the neighborhood of maintaining their landscaping at their buildings.

Will be interested to see if Sarina follows through with this one as a condo. I think they will because the market has improved somewhat in Calgary, but they had initially marketed Harrison as a condo (I know someone who originally purchased a commercial unit in the building) before switching to rental.

Back