Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

Don't worry - these folks are going to be compensated very well. I wish my property would get expropriated!
These people are about to get a high six-figure/low seven-figure cheque. Sure they'll need to purchase a home in a competitive market but I don't exactly lose sleep over things like this.

These people are about to get a high six-figure/low seven-figure cheque. Sure they'll need to purchase a home in a competitive market but I don't exactly lose sleep over things like this.
Is that fair market value? Although there are no comps there so who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Expropriation is not fair market value even if in most cases it would be close. These will be exceedingly unique - somewhat like when they had to expropriate the churches for the west LRT

Are these properties required for the first phase? Or, will the construction terminate before daylighting at this location?
It's possible that those properties wouldn't be needed if they run out of money for Phase 2 of Stage 1.

1687203028992.png

Just so I understand the nomenclature for this project, Stage 1 is 16th Avenue to Shepard, correct? But split into 2 phases? Phase 1 being Eau Claire (2nd Avenue Station) to Shepard, and Phase 2 being Eau Claire to 16th Avenue?
That is correct.

Greenline-768x897-1.png

Back