Glenmore Gardens III | 54m | 17s | Great West Life

You're not the only one, the thought has crossed my mind a couple of times haha. At the end of the day I don't really care that much about. The entertainment value balances things out, also he seems like a nice enough fellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not the only one, the thought has crossed my mind a couple of times haha. At the end of the day I don't really care that much about. The entertainment value balances things out, also he seems like a nice enough fellow.
Clearly there are some mental issues with him as well to go along with health and physical issues he often mentions.

Am I the only one kind of disgusted by this thread? Talking about the merits of banning a poster, and their potential health problems on a form about buildings?

See an old thread brought to the top which perhaps shouldn't have been, so one responds asking the poster not to do that- great.

The other discussions - don't relate to the building at hand. Message a mod if you want the person banned.

Nope. I don't see why community issues should be shoved under the carpet. The open forum is the best place for everyone to give their input. Mods are stronger as representatives of the community than as policemen following arbitrary forum rules. Bringing up his health was inappropriate. The reason for his recent activities, pointlessly reviving old thread, doesn't matter. It is his actions and he should see this to know how everyone, naked, feels about it.

Banning is the last resort. Often it is the first resort because forums don't talk about it.

That's why you are the best. Urbantoronto is a passionless, constrictive environment as a result of heavy policing from some moderators. They will erase your post and likely suspend you for throwing out an expressive F bomb of disappointment directed towards a thing and not a someone. Even the dated CRTC isn't so persnickety.

I agree with Maestro. I don't mind some heated conversation and some discourse. The only the only things that would bother me is blatant trolling, and I'm sure we all agree that hate comments are reasons for banning. Nobody here is like that, so it's all good.

It's interesting that this is the first significant conversation we've had about this here in the four years that I have been a daily contributor here. That's a pretty great run, and it's been more civil than any "debate" I ever saw on SSP. Hooray for us *pats self and everyone else on back*

Am I the only one kind of disgusted by this thread? Talking about the merits of banning a poster, and their potential health problems on a form about buildings?

See an old thread brought to the top which perhaps shouldn't have been, so one responds asking the poster not to do that- great.

The other discussions - don't relate to the building at hand. Message a mod if you want the person banned.

I agree.

I think some posters could exercise a higher degree of tolerance and inclusion on this forum from time to time.

I think if insults were thrown around it would be a big deal, some people just openly expressed disappointment at a lot of what was perceived as useless posts so it isn't. Just my thoughts though.

It's a minor nuisance, but Operater is harmless, and genuinely seems to want to be a part of the community here. Is there a way to ignore an individual users posts? I would suggest that is a better solution that denying access entirely. This is a nice place where we can all get along.

Back