Francecso's | 48m | 16s | Arlington Street | DAAS

84h3r4.jpg

Have you guys already forgotten?

hat-elbow-rover-gallery-10-1920x1080.jpg

1555094755827-png.181155

https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/f...bow-river-177-99m-56s-cidex-group-norr.27856/

I forgot about that one and It's worse than I imagined a 70 floor Hat would be.

Less worse where It's proposed than if this was proposed on 10th.

I’d still take the Hat at Elbow. Spandrel and all.

Height lost its lustre with Toronto throwing up (below) average 70 storey towers in bunches and Burnaby and Mississauga getting in on the action. Developers are copy cats. One bad thing becomes multiple bad things. Population density creates vibrancy however, I find there's too much faith that population density will remedy bad built environments. In my experience, people will go out of their way to avoid hanging out in hostile environments.

Height lost its lustre with Toronto throwing up (below) average 70 storey towers in bunches and Burnaby and Mississauga getting in on the action. Developers are copy cats. One bad thing becomes multiple bad things. Population density creates vibrancy however, I find there's too much faith that population density will remedy bad built environments. In my experience, people will go out of their way to avoid hanging out in hostile environments.
I don't want tall towers in that location to create vibrancy. The location is a write off, I really just want some extra tall towers as a backdrop to the Stampede grounds.

Agree that height has lost its lustre, but one or two really tall ones for Calgary would be nice.

99% of the time I prefer low-rise buildings over high-rises, but I wouldn't mind a couple of extra tall ones for skyline purposes - if they were around the Beltline or Stampede grounds area. 17th should always be lowrises IMO. Even this one, I only like the higher portion because it's at the backend of the parcel.

17th Ave east of 4th street should be lined with mid-rise apartments with commercial podiums and wide walkable sidewalks instead of the current narrow sidewalks, empty lots, garages and SF houses. The east end of the Beltline is expected to be denser in the future anyway so we might as well build a canyon of midrise buildings down 17th transitioning to low-rise. Also can we please close 17th off from vehicles for the Summer months?

It's lost its lustre here too, even though we don't have any that tall. Give me 2-3 towers in the 50 storey range and call it quits.

I don't want tall towers in that location to create vibrancy. The location is a write off, I really just want some extra tall towers as a backdrop to the Stampede grounds.

Okay. A photo opportunity. These towers will be homes to many people. I don't think stacking people vertically in areas considered write offs is the best direction. The majority of residents settling in these towers will find enjoyment in the views, etc. but, they don't promote the urbanite experience with that looming (parking) podium.

A trio of cheap residential towers with minimal spacing between them is going to look as cheap and ominous in photos too.

Back