Francecso's | 48m | 16s | Arlington Street | DAAS

100K+ a year is a blip - we aren’t likely to maintain that long-term. I’d expect a 2-2.5M region by 2050, 3M outside chance. But who knows :)
We basically already are a region of 2 million! I'd be surprised if we only add 500,000 in the next 26 years. Even at a conservative regional growth rate of 25,000 a year we'd add over 600,000 in that time frame.

We’ll be 2 million in the metro before 2030, so definitely well above that by 2050 haha. 100,000 downtown will happen well before 2050. With ~35,000 in the Beltline and another ~25,000 in the other downtown neighbourhoods we’re already at 60 k, which has basically doubled since I moved here 12 years ago.

I'm going to be bullish and predict a metro population of 3 million in 2050. I don't expect us to keep growing at nearly 100,000 a year like we have seen the last couple years, but I could see sustained growth of 30-40,000 annually, especially with us being one of the primary destinations for immigrants.

I’d put our long term growth between 40 and 60 k a year, but could be higher, I don’t imagine lower other than if an unforeseen catastrophe happens.

An average of 50,000 a year over the next 26 years is a growth of 1.3 million, add in the Foothills which will be added to the CMA by then, we’d be looking at about 3.3 million by 2050. However, the next couple years are likely to stick around 90 to 100k a year, so more like 3.5 million by 2050.

My guess is we'll probably be close to 2 Million by 2030 even without Foothills. With Foothills we'll easily be at 2 Million by then. Past 2030 and onward will be interesting. Oil and Gas won't disappear anytime soon, but it will continue its decline and at some point will hit a fairly sharp decline. Could be 10 years away, could be 20 years away who knows.

Hopefully our level of economic diversification has reached a point where a downturn in O&G will be much easier to weather than it has been in the past. It certainly seems like there are a lot of different drivers to our growth this time around.

My apologies, I'm probably going on about stuff better suited to the Statscan thread...

I'll kind of bring it back to this thread... Is there somewhere in the banner that says whether a project is rental or condos you can actually buy? Do we know how many condos versus rentals are part of this latest wave?

I guess what I'm saying is at the top of the page, where it says Category: Residential, Commercial (Retail), can "(Rental)" be added beside Residential?
1725990621924.png

Back