News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

A couple of Treliving‘s former draft picks, Bennett and Tkachuk are playing very well in the playoffs.
It’s especially sad to see Tkachuk playing well, I always thought he would be a great player so it’s not surprising. I’m still disappointed that he chose to leave, and wonder how much of that involved Sutter.
Tkachuk said he would leave if Johnny left.

Tkachuk and Gaudreau both wanted to be closer to family. Being Canada, away from their families (aside from Brady for Matty) with the border closed for 2 years took it's toll on them. Johnny's dad had a heart attack during the lockdown and he couldn't go visit him. I think the cold got to them too, that's why Tkachuk's trade list were all in the south, aside from St Louis.

I think Tkachuk hated sutter as well, just based on some of his comments to the media in Florida.

Lucic is on the Canadian WHC team (along with Toffoli and Weegar), curious how this works for him. This is Lucic's chance to draw interest for next season, Flames should let him walk and play the young guys next year. Not sure how the big ice will help Lucic, he's definitely lost a step.

0CBB49F2-5994-4DF1-8853-BDEFBAC513F3.jpeg

Has anyone been following the progress of the Wranglers? I see they beat Abbostsford and are facing Coachella Valley.
They had a by for the first round, so really this is the third round. The AHL is quite the grind, with some teams potentially going 5 rounds to win it. Glad to see the Wranglers are doing well, especially Wolf. We might need a goaltender if next season is a repeat of this season.

With the Flames out this year I thought I might cheer for the Oilers, but a couple of obnoxious Oiler fans at work put an end to that.
After Vegas knocked them out, I poured myself a celebration drink knowing I wouldn’t have to listen to them anymore.

With the Flames out this year I thought I might cheer for the Oilers, but a couple of obnoxious Oiler fans at work put an end to that.
After Vegas knocked them out, I poured myself a celebration drink knowing I wouldn’t have to listen to them anymore.
That's my issue too. I would root for them, but I know too many Oiler fans that would rub it in, so it ends up more enjoyable to root against them.

Back