News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

The Kadri piling on is wild to watch. What a hostile fanbase. I'm not sure what people thought they were getting but Kadri has always been imperfect. Its why he has never been THE guy, he isn't reliable enough.

It's also really interesting to see the media implying and some flat-out saying how off the flames dressing room and culture are. GM and coach on different pages, coach and players in conflict. Imagine working in an atmosphere like that.

Not one but 3 brutal turnovers in the most important game of the season. The guy is allegedly sulking because he doesn't like the coach and has been playing with minimal effort for weeks - it's been hurting the team. It's time for him to be an adult and recognize that one of the most successful NHL coaches of all time is probably smarter than he is. You're not always going to love your boss but part of being a professional is putting in an honest effort despite this.

I wouldn’t be surprised about the GM and coach not being on the same page. The rumors have been around for a while. Also Sutter saying multiple times last season, how the team wasn’t good enough to compete for the cup seems like an obvious dig at Treliving.

Flames have to win the rest of their games and Jets need to lose 1. Nashville on Monday should be a good game, hopefully they are still alive!
I think technically the Jets would need to lose at least two, as the tie breaker would go to the Jets.

It was a nice win last night, but I feel like the season was sealed on Tuesday night when they lost to Chicago.

That’s correct, a tiebreaker would go to the Jets because they have more wins.
It’s good the flames gave it a run and at least gave the fans some hope but it’s over. If they had a started playing this way, even two weeks earlier, they probably would’ve made it, but this is a case of too little too late.

prevent major changes in the offseason
If this is the case, I'm out and done for good. I've already picked Ottawa as my next team to follow.

This has been one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember. They're playing style is so boring and kneecaps their best players. The dome has been a funeral most nights. Sure, they got a lot of shots but when a timbit could save them does it really matter.

All this without mentioning the obvious disconnect within the organization.

Go Wranglers!

Winnipeg and Nashville play tonight, my only hope is it’s not an overtime or shoot out game.

Another game against Vancouver tonight. The Flames won last time, but it still scares me. Vancouver can be pretty good on a given night.

Back