News   Apr 03, 2020
 5.1K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

Hated seeing so many Oilers jerseys in the city, glad they lost! Tkachuk is still going to get booed here, but he will definitely be hated even more in Edmonton now haha.

Reactions: AJX
Flames traded Mangiapane to Washington for a 2nd, not a terrible return. You guys who wanted a deep rebuild are getting it, Mang was overpaid but it's not like we need cap space... I'd bet Weegar or Andersson are next.

I'm happy that it looks like ownership has bought in for a rebuild, but I'm worried that we always seem to get just a little less than we should on every single player going out. None of the players we've gotten rid of have been rip-offs, but getting a little less than average every single time adds up; not unlike GMs who pay a million bucks and a year or two more than they should for all of their depth players and then don't have the money to get top end talent.

This was very interesting to see last night. I had wondered if it might happen but not until next March. I think a second is great for Mang. The flames are stockpiling picks and I don't see them making all the picks over the next few years but picks are trade chips and once the next phase becomes more clear after this draft and next season you can go forward from there.

Rasmus could be traded he probably has the most value on the team but Weegar is probably second and Kadri third but those three are all pretty equal. However you need to put an NHL roster on the ice next year so I don't see everyone leaving. The music is going to stop and a couple players will be left without a chair.

I was very happy with Stanley cup result. I don’t care one iota that a Canadian team doesn’t have the cup. Outside of the Flames, Winnipeg or Ottawa are the only teams I would cheer for.
I was happy to see it win by a team that’s never won it. With St. Louis, Washington and now Florida having a cup my focus now is going to be on Nashville or Seattle or Buffalo, Minnesota or Utah. I would also be okay with the Rangers winning it.

Back