News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Field House | ?m | ?s City of Calgary |

Update: Cavalry will no longer have shuttles from Somerset station and is encouraging fans to buy a season parking pass. So now you HAVE to drive to Spruce meadows to attend a game. Classic Southern's. Yeah, I will not be going to a game now. Look forward to watching the EPL from my comfy home.

Not even one shuttle before the game and one after, at a set time? Pretty terrible.

I guess you could Uber from Somerset-Bridlewood (6 minute wait and $12.52 when I checked just now, not too bad)

Update: Cavalry will no longer have shuttles from Somerset station and is encouraging fans to buy a season parking pass. So now you HAVE to drive to Spruce meadows to attend a game. Classic Southern's. Yeah, I will not be going to a game now. Look forward to watching the EPL from my comfy home.
TBH for jumping events the traffic is so bad the bus is stuck in traffic for 75% of its trip.
Different routes would clear that up.
1678744134455.png

1678744193281.png

I love the Cavs and drive to every game (or alternate with my friends). Getting from downtown to ATCO Field takes only about 15 mins or less if you take the ring road. Really sucks about the Somerset shuttle; there are free buses from the Ship and Anchor though which are very handy. Do I wish the stadium was more central? 100%, but whatever; it's an absolute blast at games, and is the best bang-for-buck sports value in the city, IMO (except for beer prices!).

Spruce Meadows had actually partnered with Red Arrow to run those shuttles. Red Arrow was sold to a company in the US and Spruce Meadows refused to step in and pay for the shuttles which were free to them prior.

The Foot Soldiers are trying to put pressure on the club but I don't think anything is going to come of it. There are two busses from the Ship and Anchor every game this year. They've stepped up big time after the Rose and Crown shut down, I think they saw that supporters were unhappy with the Rose and Crown and wanted to improve that area of the game day experience.

I love the Cavs and drive to every game (or alternate with my friends). Getting from downtown to ATCO Field takes only about 15 mins or less if you take the ring road. Really sucks about the Somerset shuttle; there are free buses from the Ship and Anchor though which are very handy. Do I wish the stadium was more central? 100%, but whatever; it's an absolute blast at games, and is the best bang-for-buck sports value in the city, IMO (except for beer prices!).
There should be a Cavs thread...
I went to one game in their inaugural season and did have a lot of fun. I haven't been able to make it a habit (no one to really go with). Would be fun to take the bus from Ship though...

Full disclosure, I'm one of the founders of the Foot Soldiers so happy to answer any questions and pump the tires of the Cavalry game day.

This is the general vibe on the supporters bus...

And the general vibe in the stands...

Love the Foot Soldiers and everything you represent, and the game day was fun. My problem is the Southern's... not to get into details but it's personal with them. So I should declare my bias.

Reminds me of those days when Edmonton had the billboard slogan "Stop the Calgary habit" trying to discourage people from using Calgary's airport.
I remember that. lol. The good thing is Calgary can solve the 'Edmonton habit' , but for Edmontonians there isn't a fix for the 'Calgary habit', it's the way things are going to go.

Back