Votes: 7 33.3%
  • So So

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The upper levels and terraces are really nice and functional. The podium isn't pretty. The brick colour doesn't fit and it's not a nice colour.

I like the color of the brick. The only thing I don't care for are the little wood fence sections in front.

As for the terraces, it's hard to not to like them. They're large and very usable, a great place to do some entertaining.

Best way to support more affordable housing - inject more capital into attainable homes up to where they think is their max current capacity, then create a new arm of it, the develops rental apartments then sells them to REITs while retaining a restrictive covenant that limits who are tenants, and how much rent can be, while it makes back its capital, and a bit for inflation.

Then the companies just roll. I think that is the only real long term solution that doesn't involve direct state ownership of a much higher percentage of the housing stock, which I think would be a bad thing.

I think the best way would actually to create a limited dividend program. Get the government to securitize a product that pays down blocks of rent in neighbourhoods at select projects to make the rents affordable. Money is raised from the BOC auction on a 30 year interest and return of principal. The GOC earmarks a part of its budget for affordable housing but the money is borrowed from the public markets meaning the money the government can commit goes 30x further. We don't need the government building at all - they build pretty shitty projects anyway. I care about access for those who need it. Although there would be less ribbons for politicians to cut with this plan.

I think the best way would actually to create a limited dividend program. Get the government to securitize a product that pays down blocks of rent in neighbourhoods at select projects to make the rents affordable. Money is raised from the BOC auction on a 30 year interest and return of principal. The GOC earmarks a part of its budget for affordable housing but the money is borrowed from the public markets meaning the money the government can commit goes 30x further. We don't need the government building at all - they build pretty shitty projects anyway. I care about access for those who need it. Although there would be less ribbons for politicians to cut with this plan.

Any Canadian cities successfully implemented?

I like the color of the brick. The only thing I don't care for are the little wood fence sections in front.

As for the terraces, it's hard to not to like them. They're large and very usable, a great place to do some entertaining.

With you on the brick. Has the effect of creating a visually light and not heavy building. Wood sections do look kind of cheap, but also reminds me of patio season along 17 ave.

IMG_6962-2.jpg
IMG_6949.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6962-2.jpg
    IMG_6962-2.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_6949.JPG
    IMG_6949.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 727
It would be nice to see a couple more like this built along the south end of the park.

If I recall, there is another development permit in for another stretch of houses somewhere along 5th.

Honestly something taller and more narrow would be fine there. Those photos are missing a tower peaking at the park from somewhere along 10th street.

Back