EV Hilton Hotel | ?m | 14s | Widewaters Group | Marshall Tittemore

Yeah, I mean the hotel is a positive addition to the village but the design is subpar for sure. I don't mind The Hat at all. It's just a simple glass rental building. It will make a modern impact on the East Village skyline and will be the 2nd tallest building in the village once it's complete.

The Hat will have a modern impact? How so? All I see is a bland and generic condo with very little effort put into anything beyond the street level. The tower itself is as cookie cutter as condo can get.

2016 June 21 051_stitch.jpg 2016 June 21 054.JPG 2016 June 21 056.JPG

Attachments

• 2016 June 21 051_stitch.jpg
    2016 June 21 051_stitch.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 235
  • 2016 June 21 054.JPG
    2016 June 21 054.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 231
  • 2016 June 21 056.JPG
    2016 June 21 056.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
Some peeps be hatin', but not me. I think it's pretty slick. It'll be nicer once the neighbourhood comes in more. And the trees, the whole of the EV will be way nicer with trees. It's all going to look touch clinical without them.

I don't mind the white portion, but the darker facade still feels a bit unfinished, as if it were an underlayer before you put the finished product on.

I don't mind the white portion, but the darker facade still feels a bit unfinished, as if it were an underlayer before you put the finished product on.
I saw the darker portion the other day and it's starting to look better now that it's almost complete, but yeah it would have been better if same material as white.

Not a big fan of how this one turned out. The grey/black cladding on the one portion doesn't look good - should have stuck with the lighter colour all the way down. Additionally the staggered windows on around the white section didn't turn out well either. Probably because they're not evenly distributed apart. Just looks cheap. Oh well - good to get more hotel space downtown and bring some life to the EV with visitors.

Not a big fan of how this one turned out. The grey/black cladding on the one portion doesn't look good - should have stuck with the lighter colour all the way down. Additionally the staggered windows on around the white section didn't turn out well either. Probably because they're not evenly distributed apart. Just looks cheap. Oh well - good to get more hotel space downtown and bring some life to the EV with visitors.

I'm liking the building as a whole, better than I was a couple of months ago. Still not crazy about the black section, but the rest I'm happy with....and like you say, overall it's good for the area.

The hotel was looking like a train wreck at one point but is looking better now. Does anyone know what's happening with the ALT Hotel?

2016 Aug 9 024.JPG 2016 Aug 9 030.JPG 2016 Aug 9 031.JPG

Attachments

• 2016 Aug 9 024.JPG
    2016 Aug 9 024.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 202
  • 2016 Aug 9 030.JPG
    2016 Aug 9 030.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 345
  • 2016 Aug 9 031.JPG
    2016 Aug 9 031.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 187
I like the white finish, it's too bad they didn't stick with only the white with gray accents, it would have been a nice, solid building.

Back