Eisenberg | ?m | 3s | NORR

this building is great, would love a ton of buildings like these in BIA areas. another street level bank though? ugh.

this building is great, would love a ton of buildings like these in BIA areas. another street level bank though? ugh.
The ol' catch-22 of (infill main street) development: we all love to see it, few others than chains and financial institutions can afford the rent :)

something is going to have to change, almost every commercial unit in Kensington Gate is currently empty
I would imagine it would have to - especially post-COVID. If 30 - 50%+ of retail goes under, particularly heavy in restaurants and food service, the already huge disconnect between retail sales and retail rental rates will be blown wide open into complete market failure and collapse territory (arguably already there in some retail districts).

We are in uncharted waters and I don't see any way where it's not going to be ugly.

This is turning out to be a great little project.

DSC_8167.JPG
DSC_8172.JPG
DSC_8173.JPG

It's a fantastic project. I would like to see a few smaller infill developments like this in East Village to offset the block sized podium projects.
Lot-line-to-lot-line development without the need to consolidate parcels is a beautiful thing, especially when parking is zero or minor. Imagine if all our inner city had those rules as a starting point (and the economics to implement). Over time, we'd quadruple the density, make far more interesting neighbourhoods and probably avoid some unfortunately tower podiums.

I agree with it could suck more but that panel should have a vertical frame mid way at minimum and not be 2 windows wide. Then once you correct that mistake you might as well make the left panel taller and touch the lower level before raising up.
Agreed - but it could suck more. At least its lined up with the rest of the panels, and not mid-spandrel.

Back