Votes: 11 21.6%
  • 3 So So

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • 4 Not Good

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
I liked the original design as a 1 or 2 tower development, not the 5 or 6 or whatever they had. Glad it's going through a redesign, hope we don't end up with something generic though.

I don't know if these renders have been posted here but they are new to me.

Attachments

• 2017-08-30ECMBirdsEyeSWElevation_000.jpg
    2017-08-30ECMBirdsEyeSWElevation_000.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 1,752
According to @Calbusier the market is going through a re-design.These buildings were part of the design that's getting scrapped. I kind of liked these buildings, but I think the whole market could use a re-design. I like the very first iteration the best - I don't have a rendering handy, but it was from about 12 years ago.

Would love to get those 2 buildings in Eau Claire, but I agree with the rest of you that the rest of the development would have to look different. I wonder what we will get in the end...

The VP of dev came into a class I'm taking to give a presentation, along side the cit of Calgary "manager of access" for the Green Line.

The redevelopment that is rumored is to integrate an underground LRT station - really exciting news for this project - but no comment on the what the change to the towers will be/look like.

Unfortunately, my confidence that Harvard will actually execute this wasn't boosted. They don't have experience with Mixed-Use, despite a complex, large scale, high-profile project like this. To add an underground station into the mix brings this to another level. Harvard is largely a property management and greenfield subdivision company from what I can tell - maybe they are going to hold+plan+flip to another developer? I don't really know what the real-life plan would be to pull this off, but it would be awesome to have this come to life. Eau Claire, and this site in particular are absolute gems of the city.

The VP of dev came into a class I'm taking to give a presentation, along side the cit of Calgary "manager of access" for the Green Line.

The redevelopment that is rumored is to integrate an underground LRT station - really exciting news for this project - but no comment on the what the change to the towers will be/look like.

Unfortunately, my confidence that Harvard will actually execute this wasn't boosted. They don't have experience with Mixed-Use, despite a complex, large scale, high-profile project like this. To add an underground station into the mix brings this to another level. Harvard is largely a property management and greenfield subdivision company from what I can tell - maybe they are going to hold+plan+flip to another developer? I don't really know what the real-life plan would be to pull this off, but it would be awesome to have this come to life. Eau Claire, and this site in particular are absolute gems of the city.
Shape is rumoured to be part of this deal now. They have plenty of muscle to pull this off. Great news on the LRT front.

That's not entirely true. They've basically developed downtown Regina since its early settlement. Many of the office towers in Regina have been developed by Harvard. So they are credible developers when it comes to office - but I would agree that there history of development does not include a lot of residential. I think (as has been rumoured) that if they partnered with a developer who is more akin to residential development, that this holds promise.

The LRT station is planned to be underground. If they want a direct access, it isn’t rocket science. A set aside for two vertical access shafts (assuming a deep single bore tunnel) just means they can’t build to the property line all along 2nd. Then build the development to envelope the primary shaft.

Last edited:

Back