Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
8A46B183-64DE-4051-B12F-5C3775FFA2FB.jpeg
591C9374-DFB6-433C-A95D-93028A578A1A.jpeg
A304999C-C0D6-426E-A240-55D015BB844B.jpeg
F3544C7C-54AE-49FC-8FB2-EEFACB08C9A8.jpeg

Went for evening Phil&Sebastian coffee flavoured ice cream from Village yesterday and found ourselves right in that spot amongst those trees looking towards Dominion as the evening sun was on it. One of the city’s perfect spots now.
I had one the other day myself. Love that place.

Now looking at it, the Bridgland Crossing building should've had ground retail. This corridor could've been a proper main street between 1 st ave and the LRT station. Ah well, something for future developers in other areas of the City to consider, especially if there's a long-term ARP in place.
The first one does (although I think putting it in the north building would have made more sense to strive for connectivity with First Ave.). The context at the time was a 1st Ave that had a lot of turnover and was looking tenuous to support the existing retail spaces. Bridgeland isn't far removed from being a largely low density neighbourhood that didn't act as a destination, struggling to support a lot of retail space given the population.

The first one does (although I think putting it in the north building would have made more sense to strive for connectivity with First Ave.). The context at the time was a 1st Ave that had a lot of turnover and was looking tenuous to support the existing retail spaces. Bridgeland isn't far removed from being a largely low density neighbourhood that didn't act as a destination, struggling to support a lot of retail space given the population.
It would have been nice to see more retail on 9th street, but I agree, the focus in Bridgeland will always be 1st ave. Development on 1st is what will make Bridgeland a destination neighborhood, which will happen.

I feel like Bridgeland is very close to being a destination neighborhood, it just needs some retail. On the flip side, if I lived in Bridgeland I'm not sure I'd want it to be a destination neighborhood. TBH, it has a good balance going for it right now.

Back