Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Okay

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Not Great

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
The land use redesignation application was on the agenda for last Thursday's CPC meeting but we understand that the applicant withdrew it from the agenda at the last minute. We just heard today that it will be added to the agenda for the August 23 CPC meeting. Interestingly, a couple of months ago the application was amended to change the target land use district from MU-2 f4.0 h22.0 to a Direct Control district based on MU-2 with simplified DP plans of the proposed building attached as a schedule, and a building that conforms to the schedule gets the benefit of an increased height limit (22m instead of 16m), an increased FAR (4.0 instead of 2.5), and is eligible to be approved as a "permitted use". Any thoughts on why the applicant would make such a change?

Out of curiosity, how long do you have to be a member of Skyrise Cities, or how many messages do you have to post or likes do you have to receive, to no longer be described as a "New Member"?

Out of curiosity, how long do you have to be a member of Skyrise Cities, or how many messages do you have to post or likes do you have to receive, to no longer be described as a "New Member"?
It's done by post count, but perhaps it needs to be tweaked as some have been around for a period time but don't post a lot.

Hi
Was in the Areas TWO Wks Ago, Have to Say the Whole Areas from About 50th Ave to 33rd Ave has CHANGED a Lot. Mostly All NEW HOUSES, Surprised How an Area can Change so Quickly in a,Few Years.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi,
New to Ski Rise Cities? I have Been on the Site VIA Sky Rise Cities - Toronto - for a Number of Yrs. Still Follow Toronto Due to My Interests in Toronto Real Estate, Go Transit, the TTC and Other
Rail Projects via Canadian Railway Observations.com etc. Use Both Sites Together as Such. I Try to Follow Calgary as Time Permits. Due to Health Reasons (Diabetic) Not on as Much as I'd Like to B. I do Follow Edmonton & Vancouver When Able to.

Tnx,
Operater.

The land use redesignation application was on the agenda for last Thursday's CPC meeting but we understand that the applicant withdrew it from the agenda at the last minute. We just heard today that it will be added to the agenda for the August 23 CPC meeting. Interestingly, a couple of months ago the application was amended to change the target land use district from MU-2 f4.0 h22.0 to a Direct Control district based on MU-2 with simplified DP plans of the proposed building attached as a schedule, and a building that conforms to the schedule gets the benefit of an increased height limit (22m instead of 16m), an increased FAR (4.0 instead of 2.5), and is eligible to be approved as a "permitted use". Any thoughts on why the applicant would make such a change?
They applied for a more restrictive zoning? That seems kind of odd, I'm sure there was a logical reason though.

It's done by post count, but perhaps it needs to be tweaked as some have been around for a period time but don't post a lot.

Sorry I know this is not correct thread but I'd thought I'd toss out a reply as I've been a member for almost a year but it says I'm still a new member :(

Funny first time this has come up. This is how it was set up. And we didn't really put much thought to it.

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at Tuesday Jul 31, 2018 1.04.59 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at Tuesday Jul 31, 2018 1.04.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at Tuesday Jul 31, 2018 1.04.59 PM.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 433
Hi All.
I Admit I find this Project Interesting Yet Hard to Follow, Will. Have to Try and Follow more Closely to get a Feel for the Project in the Long Haul.

Tnx,
Operater.

This was approved at council today. Was my first time at a council meeting, and my first time speaking. Obviously I spoke in support, but with some important concerns raised by the mayor and myself. The mayors comments regarding the integration of the courtyard, mine regarding the programming and landscaping of the courtyard with reference to the failure of the vegetation in the N3 muse, along with the unique instability of the Calgary climate again regarding the vegetation.

Apparently Brewers Apprentice is interested in signing as a tenant in one of the interior courtyard CRUs.

Last edited:

Back