Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Okay

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Not Great

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
If rndsqr wanted to maximize profit they wouldn't be building this project. What would you prefer some boring lame box that fits the arp perfectly? Your neighborhood is getting project after project that improve amenities and the overall design environment and this one continues that trend. What do you think ppl said about infills before they were popular?.... traffic... and now because of them the community is reborn. How is this different?

Agreed with this.

I don't understand the complaint. If anything, Astraya's land value is going to go way up if Marda Loop's success continues...

This is so true. Traffic rarely is the issue people think it is going to be.
I live along this alley (on the Memorial Drive side) and walk through it daily. Along with all of the single family, it’s lined with 15 multi-family buildings and a string of commercial including a hotel at the east end. There’s rarely ever any significant traffic.

With recent development on 33rd Ave, it is quite apparent that the plan is to increase density on what is a main street in Marda Loop. This project is a continuation of that plan.

It’s one thing to have a difference of opinion or not agree with people, and that’s totally fine people do it all the time but that person wasn’t offering any real discussion.
Astraya's account has been shutdown and posts regarding the battle with the developer and the city have been deleted. Astraya's battle with the city or developer is better suited for Facebook.

Lets have some real discussion on this now, very excited for this project, should be a game changer for Marda Loop!
I am most curious to see how the retail within the plaza area works out. I do have some concerns that, given the proposed height and the depth of the parcel, that plaza area will be a very dark/shaded space. Might not be a bad thing (relief on a hot sunny day), but not as inviting as some other areas.

Is the retail in the plaza, or under the plaza? Having it exclusively off the plaza would be a bad idea IMO, if it has frontage on both, that would be ideal.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Could B Wrong on this. If so I don't mind to B Corrected on This. Isn't Marda Loops Commercial Area Both on 34th as Well as 33rd Ave? Between 21st St
to 19th St. I Know there is that Power Line that Comes North from 5oth Ave to 34/33 Ave down 19th or 20th St and Splits from There etc. Been Through the Areas a Lot when I
Worked the Areas as a Courier Doing Work for the City,

Tnx,
Operater.

Is the retail in the plaza, or under the plaza? Having it exclusively off the plaza would be a bad idea IMO, if it has frontage on both, that would be ideal.
My impression from the rendering is that there will be retail stores facing the street and they would be different than the ones in the courtyard due to the elevation.
Perhaps @Alkarimd can confirm that.

Hi All,

- The plans have come a long way with stakeholder engagement and planning we have made some pretty cool changes !!

- All of Courtyard facing units will be commercial. None will have active street frontage. These are uses that are excited to be tucked away at Courtyard level. Currently we have Brewers Apprentice that will sit in the courtyard and has had a tremendous amount of success in the EAST VILLAGE tucked away in a lane at the N# building. Art studios, Fitness and a few others have showed interest.

- Since all of the units facing the courtyard will be commercial uses they will also pay the fee's associated to maintaining the courtyard. The courtyard surviving and activating it will be a key component of businesses success so the fact that all units facing the courtyard are now commercial it will be much easier with in regards to programing !!

- Some of you may have scene that we have micro units on the lane. The ideas was to remove the surface parking stalls to allow for tiny units and affordable spaces. Their is common bathrooms through the corridor so the goal would be none of these uses need to build in bathrooms.

I have attached a lane activation rendering. Again the dialogue has been great and I think if we continue to have constructive discussions about positives and negatives around development that our city can make massive strides on building an incredible urban fabric.

PS. GANDHI is from Gujarat,India. My parents birth town. I visited his home. So yes I do feel like if anyone can use a GANDHI quote its us =)

Attachments

• 18.05.29 COURTYARD 33 V5.jpg
    18.05.29 COURTYARD 33 V5.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 488
Last edited by a moderator:
Brewers Apprentice off the courtyard is a great idea, glad to hear it. It's a risky strategy to have businesses tucked away from the street, but you guys seem to be on top of it! Great news about the micro-units, that's the kind of innovative solution this city needs to see more of. Are you finding much pushback from the city on that?

Great projects, really happy with the work you guys do!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back