COCO | 14.93m | 4s | Sarina Homes

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A new thread for the development @MichaelS was referring to earlier. CoCo by Sarina is aA 4 storey 76 unit development in the Marda Loop area.

http://cocobysarina.com/

Image2.jpg

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 1,391
Christ, for a BRZ as minor as Marda Loop was only 5-10 years ago, this ongoing boom is unbelievable.

Complete(last 5 years)/UC in the area

- Odeon
- Einstein
- cSpace/Arts Incubator
- Alexander
- Brooklyn
- Avenue 33
- Infinity
- Garrison Corner
- ML33

Proposed

- Marda
- Coco
- Courtyard 33
- Village
- GROW

Pretty good. :) I wish it was a little more colourful though? Maye the designers don't know that Calgarians tend to see enough white and brown starting this time of year. Largely another win for Marda loop.

I'm gonna need a tourist guide next time I go there, because it's going to be unrecognizable.

Don't forget Treo ;-) or was that more than 5 years ago?
Christ, for a BRZ as minor as Marda Loop was only 5-10 years ago, this ongoing boom is unbelievable.

Complete(last 5 years)/UC in the area

- Odeon
- Einstein
- cSpace/Arts Incubator
- Alexander
- Brooklyn
- Avenue 33
- Infinity
- Garrison Corner
- ML33

Proposed

- Marda
- Coco
- Courtyard 33
- Village
- GROW

I might be getting hookup up as a walking group tour guide for Tourism Calgary next summer. I am thinking of proposing a route within Marda Loop, including information about the historic significance of the area and its environs.

Oh also, not sure if we've seen this one yet, but it's called COCO, and they're taking registrations now...

hero-lg@2x.jpg

http://cocobysarina.com

I like the scale and the rooftop terraces on this one. I don't mind the color either. I always down with white as the primary color with some other color as an accent.

I like this. I cannot imagine liking it as much with a different colour. Stucco is fine.

For the non-construction folk like me, what is EIFS and why is it :(?

Heh, I was once you. For I am not a construction folk either. I have the exact same post within the last year or two. And to tell you the truth I wouldn't really know from a technical sense either, but it's an exterior coating. It looks, to my untrained eye, kinda like stucco, but finer.

It can definitely look good if done right, but there's a wide range of success rates. I'm not very fond of how it turned out on Avenue 33 for example, but I think it looks pretty nice on the Alt Hotel Winnipeg.

EIFS is an acronym, it means Exterior Insulation Finish System, and it's basically just stucco over polystyrene. It's a good system if it's designed and installed properly (control joints to prevent cracking), but if it's not, it cracks and leaks.

Back