News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Car Thread

Same type of Ford GT that won some of the Lemans races?
The GT40 was the original that won Le Mans back in the 60's. The red car above is a 2005/2006 model that was built as a homage to the original GT40. I believe around 4000 were built. Supercharged V8 with 550hp and 500 lb/ft.

Its incredible how low these cars are, the roofline was about at bellybutton height

Nice old Vette on 17th.
IMG_6536.jpeg

3 pedals for the win! Sadly, I think my NSX will be the last manual transimission car I will own, they just don't seem to make them anymore.
Yeah manuals are almost extinct. I remember friends, coworkers etc. stating that they couldn't own a manual becuase their wife/gf couldn't drive it. My response was "time to trade in the wife/gf"

Are you taking the Bronco all the way to Montreal? How do you think it will be after that many hours of highway driving? Also, you can respond in the car thread so as not to disrupt the Flames discussion.
71945272399__82745597-3A05-4307-B764-59E23A58A928.jpeg

Traded the Bronco in, trade in was only a couple grand less than I paid for it January of ‘22. Pulling the trailer with the tiny gas tank in it just killed it for me. Honestly I think it would have been ok for a cross country drive as the seats were very comfy! Lots of road noise though which might have gotten old after 12-13 hours 🤣.

I’m going with my dad to Quebec to pick up a side by side he bought in the summer but didn’t have his truck to bring it back. Using his truck as he has an F350 long bed that it will fit in.

My new truck is a ‘23 F150, gets slightly better mileage towing but not outstanding, gas tank is slightly over 2 times the size compared to the bronco so can go slightly further on 1 tank than the bronco would get on 2. Same for empty driving with it.

Didn't realize the Bronco had such a tiny gas tank. That definitely seem like it would be an annoyance. I know the ranges on pick-ups is insanely large, and maybe I don't know my larger vehicle mileage that well (well, no maybe about it, not really something I have ever looked at) but how does a Bronco compare to say, and Explorer or Edge, which is sort of an equivalent size?

My mom has an edge and I believe her gas tank is about 20L larger. The Bronco has about a 60L tank in 2 door, 4 door roughly 80L. New F150 136L. My dads new F350 that we are taking has 179L tank and gets amazing mileage.

Just for context, I towed my trailer over thanksgiving, made it to dead man’s flats and had used 5/8 of a tank already. Fuelled up, continued on and another 5/8 of a tank to Radium. This is all in the Bronco. Last weekend went camping down at Dinosaur Provincial Park and we drove fast there and back, had to stop in Strathmore coming home having travelled over 400kms. If I slow it down and go say max 100 km/hr I should pick up quite a bit more mileage. Thanksgiving in the Bronco kept it around 100km/hr top speed. $280 in gas there and back which is I think 760+/- kms.

I do miss the Bronco as the manual was fun to drive, the dealer sold it in under 2 weeks for basically same price I bought it almost 2 years ago haha, so good for them.

A few sightings over the past several months:

IMG_6404.jpeg

A survivor Cutlass (‘75 would be my guess for model year) near Brentwood.

IMG_6331.jpeg

Beautiful NA Miata sharing the block with a modified XJ Cherokee and a rare not-completely-rusted-out 2nd gen 4Runner in Coventry Hills.

IMG_7281.jpeg

A grab shot from the bus of a Lada Niva(!) along Northmount Drive. I believe this one has been in the area for awhile, if you go back a few years on Streetview you can see it iirc.

Bonus: my favourite piece of transit infrastructure in Beddington seems to be claiming victims on a near-weekly basis lately…
IMG_7440.jpeg

Back