News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

when you're making $10.5 million that's no excuse.
I never get this argument. Someone puts that contract in front of you, you're not signing it? Don't blame him for what he gets paid, blame the desperate GM trying to save face after playing hardball with his best players. I don't look at a guy like Huberdeau on Tuesday night and question his mental toughness, I see someone who has high expectations of themselves and are not meeting those expectations. He knows he needs to be better, the flames know he needs to be better. I'm sure both are putting a lot of time and effort into getting him to where he and the flames want him to be. If the answer was simple, the problem would be solved.

Honestly what he needs is probably a good ODR session and to just play free and let things come naturally. Or maybe that's just me when I'm in a funk... Could be the type of guy that needs to watch a ton of video and force himself to think about everything he's doing.

Just picked up some tickets for next tuesdays game, will be my first nhl game outside of the saddledome. Driving to Montreal this weekend and felt it’s a perfect opportunity to go to my first away game!
The Centre Bell is an amazing place to see a game. The building is unspectacular (maybe we shouldn't worry so much about the form of the Event Centre but the function...) but the atmosphere is great.

We all hope he turns it around, biggest contract in franchise history is looking like one of the worst!

Oilers are dead last in the league now, awesome! I expect the pedophile looking guy behind the bench to be the first head to roll... lol

Last edited:
With Zadorov wanting out, that's it for the season now, might as well tank and get a good draft pick. Not sure I've ever seen the wheels fall off for a team quite like this. 2 years ago we were considered a contender, now we are going to finish in the bottom 5 for sure.

Guess Huberdeau's terrible play has earned him the role of mentor to the young guns we will have to bring in now. We might have to use his salary to hit the cap floor next year! haha

Not sure I've ever seen the wheels fall off for a team quite like this. 2 years ago we were considered a contender, now we are going to finish in the bottom 5 for sure.
It was fast. The only epic drop I can remember being this bad was Ottawa Senators from a few years back. in 2016/2017 they were 44-28-10 and were one goal away from going to the cup final, and the next season they were 28-43-11, and second last in the NHL. That was when they had that weird controversy with Eriksson and Hoffman and traded them both. Then they traded off Stone, and wee bottom feeders instantly. Pretty much what we are seeing here. :(

Pretty neat experience at the Bell Centre. In house dj for all the music. Proper outcome for the game and no hostility experienced haha. People sitting around us were quite nice.
IMG_1627.jpeg

Back