Calgary Event Centre | 36.85m | 11s | CSEC | HOK

Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 91 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
Because of the structure those funds would go to pay for the convention centre.
So, doesn't that mean that it would simply lead a funding deficit for the convention centre if those funds were applied to an arena? Point being, it was "new" money for Edmonton. Calgary already has this money committed elsewhere, so the Provincial portion of property taxes won't contribute anything new to this project.

With the Senators going up for sale I've seen a big part of the deal for the buyer is that the deal already be reached with the NCC for an arena.

Can someone explain to me why you would want a deal done and not want to negotiate the deal yourself? Sure it means there's certainty but wouldn't it also tie you to whatever someone else negotiated?

With the Senators going up for sale I've seen a big part of the deal for the buyer is that the deal already be reached with the NCC for an arena.

Can someone explain to me why you would want a deal done and not want to negotiate the deal yourself? Sure it means there's certainty but wouldn't it also tie you to whatever someone else negotiated?
Certainty is worth a lot.

🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, A deal done will make the Senators much more valuable. As for buyers, Ottawa has only one NHL team. It's not the choice of the buyer.

Ottawa is also a bit different. Their current arena location is not ideal so having the new deal approved gives buyer certainty they can leave Kanata

Back