Calgary Event Centre | 36.85m | 11s | CSEC | HOK

Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 90 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
could be both the new arena and the saddledome i heard.

nice way to open the new arena and give the saddledome one last hoorah>
That would be really cool! Although, I'm skeptical as to whether they'll be able to complete the EC by then, that's a really ambitious timeline even if construction starts this fall as planned.

Alberta is set to host the 2027 World Juniors, however it doesn't mention if it will be in Calgary or Edmonton (maybe both?).

However a tournament in December 2026-early 2027 could likely coincide with the hopeful completion of the new event centre.

Arena wont be finished until Summer '27. Model seems to be going back to NHL/Junior combo vs NHL/NHL, so id expect Edmonton and Red Deer again, given they never truly hosted a normal event in 2020/21. MH and LET too far from Edmonton, imo

I don't think Edmonton will get another Jr tournament for a while, they had their fair share. If it was Edmonton I think they would have just announced Edmonton instead of Alberta. I'd bet on Calgary and somewhere else, or just a junior city or two hosting.

Screenshot (189).png

Screenshot (186).png
Screenshot (187).png

Screenshot (188).png

This looks to be quite different: Smaller SW plaza, looks to be a office space in the SE. Looks to be more emphasis on 12th Ave.
Glad to hear this. It always seemed a bit weird how 12th was somewhat neglected in the first version. A lot of fans come from that direction to the Dome already, and there will be even more with the new train station a couple of blocks away.

Back