Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hopefully, nothing gets demolished anytime soon. Anything is better than a gravel/weed lot for the next 10 to 15 years.

Those buildings are reno'd as part of the telus sky porject, I believe they said so when they made the initial announcement.

The worst of the buildings unfortunately is the Hanover building which isn't part of the Telus cluster. I'm not sure what the plans are for the Len Werry Building, but being the main CO building the options are limited.

Agreed. I'm not conversions of these types of buildings would ever look good, unless they really put some money into it....but the object unfortunately is to put as little as possible in.

If nothing has changed Scotiabank is moving its main branch and some departments to brookfield this upcoming autumn. Last year they have signed a deal for ~10% of Brookfield's space if I am not mistaken.

How concentrated is Scotia in Scotia Tower. I was once an employee of a Big 5 bank (the evil green one, yes saying evil and Big 5 is redundant) and they're spread all over town. Is Scotia the same way, or is this a move to vacate Scotia Tower?

Tenants move. Scotiabank moving out of any space they may lease in the tower is not any different. Conversion is a consideration with the office market the way it. I wouldn't wish for one.

You didn't just work for a Big 5. You worked for a Big 3.

Tenants move. Scotiabank moving out of any space they may lease in the tower is not any different. Conversion is a consideration with the office market the way it. I wouldn't wish for one.

You didn't just work for a Big 5. You worked for a Big 3.

Big 3 is not usually a distinction made out West especially so far as my current employer is concerned. They're all as big, faceless and unconcerned with their employees outside of the centre of the universe as as the next regardless of their market cap.

I was really just wondering if this was consolidation or a relocation for them.

They are all uncaring to a point. Some are slightly worse than others. That relationship between slightly better and slightly worst compared to market cap is probably coincidental . They also treat the centre of the universe employees the worst as they tend to be the highest paid outside of Calgary (pre-bust. I suspect that has changed since.)

Hi Group,
The Big Mean Green One - TD Bank? That is the One I deal with. Get Lots of Benefits, But don't have a Credit Card! Don't want One.
Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,
Telus Cluster? OK Telus (Formerly A G T) had a Phone Center in One of the Bldgs on the 6th Ave Side plus I believe They Occupied a Bldg next to it as well, They shut down the Phone Center Years Ago. Not sure who is in the Bldgs Now. I believe Scotia Bank had a Lease in One Bldg and Watrous had the Other. NOT sure Who is in there now.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,
Telus Cluster? OK Telus (Formerly A G T) had a Phone Center in One of the Bldgs on the 6th Ave Side plus I believe They Occupied a Bldg next to it as well, They shut down the Phone Center Years Ago. Not sure who is in the Bldgs Now. I believe Scotia Bank had a Lease in One Bldg and Watrous had the Other. NOT sure Who is in there now.

Tnx,
Operater.
Outside of the Hanover Building and Grande Theatre building I believe Telus own the rest (Telus Sky + the other three buildings which still are part of the C.O. Cluster) Even though the buildings don't appear top be in use they probably still have all the CO gear inside.

A little update from yesterday:
35051807700_886f49b623_b.jpg

35438814745_8a9633d7ca_h.jpg

35438813815_3da68bf550_b.jpg

And this last one taken today:
35457903505_4f20620b0a_b.jpg

Interesting. I've noticed the odd smaller square with the different color, but not in a big cluster like that.

Back