BMO Centre Expansion | 25m | 5s | CMLC

I am looking forward to the expansive green space and trees that will be part of this.

As I keep looking at this, I almost think that if they weren’t going to go with a metallic exterior, the copper should have been lighter in colour at least. Seems a little too dark.

These recent pictures looks better than the ones we saw earlier, maybe it’s the summer lighting but this building looks good IMO. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product, along with the changes around the new train station and entrance off of 17th.
Is there a thread on the progress of the station? Or if anyone wants to post an update here?

I'm curious to see how the copper strips will look on the curved slope. It has potential to look pretty sharp from Scotsman's Hill, which is where most of the photos will be from.
1683140546017.png

The copper facade will be installed on top of that silver area. You can see one strip has been installed in Surrealplaces pictures above
Ah I see now, I guess the silver is the air/water barrier? Anyone know what product that is? Kinda just looks like sheet metal roofing

Ah I see now, I guess the silver is the air/water barrier? Anyone know what product that is? Kinda just looks like sheet metal roofing
Correct. It is just metal q deck. It’s being covered with densdeck and a vapour barrier. The final standing seam (bemo) roof sheets in copper colour should cap it all off.

Back