BMO Centre Expansion | 25m | 5s | CMLC

IMG_6701.jpeg

despite four of the ugliest condo towers anyone ever got paid to build, i dont mind this view.

Hopefully the trees get nice and tall and block those towers from view! Will be nice to see the lots between MacLeod and the fugliness get developed one day!

despite four of the ugliest condo towers anyone ever got paid to build, i dont mind this view.

I dunno, I think the Pointe of View set on the west side give them some serious competition. Tarjan Pointe is the ultimate low in my opinion.

Either way, giving our ugliest projects the most visible locations is basically a Calgary tradition.

Sasso & Vetro take the ugly cake for me.

Went to a concert and the dome last week, first time I walked by and under BMO, and I was actually surprised how big it was! Think it looks amazing, even the crappy brick wall looked better than expected.

I think some colour change could help those condos. If Sasso and Vetro painted all the green stucco white or black I think it would help. If NuEra painted their cream stucco white it would also help.

I think some colour change could help those condos. If Sasso and Vetro painted all the green stucco white or black I think it would help. If NuEra painted their cream stucco white it would also help.
beige is a horrible color isn't it lol. What's sad is Alberta's boom in the late 90's & 00's occurred in one of the ugliest, soulless design phases of our lifetime. Nearly every suburban house of that era...vinyl siding, ugly stucco, beige interior walls

I think our suburban/low-rise design game has improved...but I think there's an argument that our high-rise game has take a step back over the last decade or so. Atleast when it comes to condo towers, I think we're in "one of the ugliest soulless designs phases of our lifetime" as we speak.

I think our suburban/low-rise design game has improved...but I think there's an argument that our high-rise game has take a step back over the last decade or so. Atleast when it comes to condo towers, I think we're in "one of the ugliest soulless designs phases of our lifetime" as we speak.
When we transitioned from condo based towers, where you had to sell potential buyers with the help of a nice looking building to rental towers, the designs changed. I'm happy to see more rental towers, but a side effect seems to be more generic designs.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I would definitely prefer a shift back to condos over rental. I think neighborghoods are better when more people have skin in the game.

Back