BMO Centre Expansion | 25m | 5s | CMLC

Last edited:

Livewire article:​

Initial plans for the centre were more of a glass-panned two-storey structure without the exterior plaza.

“The design team really looked at this and said, ‘well what if we did three-storey stacked and then gave back a plaza and brought the Calgary Stampede into this space,’ which is a really interesting approach and that allowed us to be with a design we’re looking today.”

Last edited:
Be curious to see how quickly this gets assembled!

oh man, this is the just the dumbest shit lol...i get major south park smug alert vibes with these public art pieces

This art should scream calgary/alberta/the rockies, given its a visitor destination.....something that gives a postcard backdrop for photos and stuff. Could literally put that thing anywhere in the world and you wouldn't know the difference....

oh man, this is the just the dumbest shit lol...i get major south park smug alert vibes with these public art pieces

This art should scream calgary/alberta/the rockies, given its a visitor destination.....something that gives a postcard backdrop for photos and stuff. Could literally put that thing anywhere in the world and you wouldn't know the difference....
There are some lovely horse and cowboy sculptures about 300ft away from this if thats more your taste

Like I said before. This thing's so tall I wouldn't be surprised if it gets hit by lightning on occasion during the summer. I wonder if it'll actually have a lightning rod installed for safety.

...you know the best part of those, there doesn't need to be a plaque next to them explaining "what is it?" to 100% of people who walk by it
Yea god forbit anyones uses their imagination or some critical thinking skills. So if one person interprets it as a water droplet, and someone else interprets it as a dragon, that bothers you? Does all abstract art bother you?

Back