Blume | 48m | 15s | Remington | Systemic Architecture

The bezels/frames/edges on the south tower are now finished and are lit at night. Externally, the south tower appears complete except for some balcony railing that need to be installed. Landscaping for the entire complex also appears finished.
View attachment 505629

North tower:
View attachment 505630View attachment 505631View attachment 505632View attachment 505633View attachment 505634View attachment 505635

South tower:
View attachment 505636View attachment 505637View attachment 505638View attachment 505639View attachment 505640View attachment 505641View attachment 505642
This one far exceeded my expectations. Also one of the nicest looking lighting installations on a building. Warm soft lighting that’s a nice break from the usual stark LED strips.
I’m reposting this one because it’s worth looking at again.
IMG_6630.jpeg

These tower designs are just different. including the lighting scheme. The lighting is a nice change from bright LED light bars. I'm still not sold on the designs. The finishes look good. Tower 2 has more spandrel.

The Remington website calls these Blume. There's no marketing yet and tower 1 looks pretty close to being ready for occupation Aren't these rentals?

The construction fencing has been removed from the south tower, but it doesn't look like anyone has moved in yet. The lobby looks like it needs a clean up and some furniture. Bezels/frames/edges are being installed on the north tower. Pics were taken a few days ago.

North tower:
IMG_9238exp.jpg
IMG_9255exp.jpg
IMG_9170_9181exp.jpg
IMG_9073exp.jpg
IMG_9398exp.jpg
IMG_9419_9423exp.jpg

South tower:
IMG_9133_9149exp.jpg
IMG_9065exp.jpg
IMG_9062exp.jpg
IMG_9289exp.jpg
IMG_9333exp.jpg
IMG_9305_9316exp.jpg
IMG_9351exp.jpg

I don't know about that. This would be slimmer and taller with cheap window wall in Vancouver. This would blend into Montreal and Montreal's filler designs outclass Vancouvers.
I thinking the same thing. About 85% of Vancouver’s buildings over 20 stories look almost the same. Gray, white or seafoam coloured window wall, and the same slenderness. I don’t recall seeing a building like this anywhere in Vancouver.

I thinking the same thing. About 85% of Vancouver’s buildings over 20 stories look almost the same. Gray, white or seafoam coloured window wall, and the same slenderness. I don’t recall seeing a building like this anywhere in Vancouver.
In the last 5-10 years, Vancouver has taken another leap in tower designs. Something like this would be an average build in metro Vancouver today. From a distance, Metro Vancouver nodes do look like a bunch of clones but I'd be so happy if we got an average 2023 Metro Van tower concept over a local Cidex tower.

In the last 5-10 years, Vancouver has taken another leap in tower designs. Something like this would be an average build in metro Vancouver today. From a distance, Metro Vancouver nodes do look like a bunch of clones but I'd be so happy if we got an average 2023 Metro Van tower concept over a local Cidex tower.
Height has increased across the metro and there's a higher percentage of star designed towers in development. The average skyscraper being built across Burnaby and into Coquitlam and Surrey have more messy spandrel upping that cheap looking factor and the podiums design quality are less refined that years previously. In Vancouver, the new Broadway Tower's fanfare is completely centred on its mountainous 40 storey height. The design leaves alot to be desired.The newest Hat under construction is not that bad.

Back