News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Bike Lanes and Bike Paths

Awesome to see over a thousand a day on the Peace Bridge at this time of year. Becoming more and more a year round biking city.

Good numbers for the end of October considering we are only supposed to bike 2 months of the year ;)

#yycbike Counter ‏@yycbike_count
Mon Oct 31 #yycbike trip counts:
10 St: 402
7 St: 452
Peace Bridge: 1150
Stephen Ave: 389
8 Ave: 712
5 St Mdn: 664
12 Ave Mdn: 435

I wonder how the council vote will go. It narrowly passed last time, but that was when the whole thing was an unknown.

Construction has started on pathway underpass for Baines Bridge (the zoo connector off Memorial). Excited for this one as that was a pain having to go across the road there. Hoping they repave that entire stretch through the zoo as part of this as it has some of the worst tree root speed bumps

Construction has started on pathway underpass for Baines Bridge (the zoo connector off Memorial). Excited for this one as that was a pain having to go across the road there. Hoping they repave that entire stretch through the zoo as part of this as it has some of the worst tree root speed bumps

I had no idea that was part of the plan, excellent news.

Ah, I think I saw, but didn't know what it was supposed to be used for. I saw what looked like a tunnel under construction. That is very good news indeed.

I haven't done this in a while, but here are some recent numbers for bike counts.
#yycbike Counter‏@yycbike_count
Mon Aug 28
Other Pathways Glenmore Park: 0
Nose Crk: 73
Lindsay: 527
Prince's Isl: 844
Nose Hill: 116
19th NW: 2587
Parkdale: 2387

Mon Aug 28 (Centre Points):
5 St: 2178
7 St: 795
8 Ave: 1318
10 St: 698
12 Ave: 986
Edm Tr: 270
Stephen Ave: 850

some of the counters have been down lately (ie Peace Bridge)

Wow, what a difference some paint makes to what was a drab archway on the Sunnyside path where it goes under the LRT:

ZATeGw4l.jpg

Agreed, this closure is a welcome sign of the better public realm to come.

I have issues with the "Cyclists dismount" sections. First of all they have Princess Island bridge as section which it currently isn't so why would this detour change that? Reality is cyclists are not going to dismount, the city needs to figure out a way to better manage these detours

Back