Avli3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Avli2.jpg
    Avli2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,744
  • Avli-SE-Dusk.jpg
    Avli-SE-Dusk.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 1,653
Looks like they're going for a good selection of retail, though most renderings seem to indicate that until we get the standard nail salons, banks and dry cleaners...

Looks like they're going for a good selection of retail, though most renderings seem to indicate that until we get the standard nail salons, banks and dry cleaners...
Yup....Most rendering I see always show Pizza, coffe and Ice Cream shops...along with businesses with awesome names like 'Nice Things' lol, but yeah...in the end, it'll be the usual.

There has been no construction progress since site prep. The project has been sold to a new developer who will be keeping it largely as currently proposed. They are currently going through some additional DD and value engineering prior to proceeding with construction.
That's great news, thanks for the update. Hopefully they don't value engineer it to death.

There has been no construction progress since site prep. The project has been sold to a new developer who will be keeping it largely as currently proposed. They are currently going through some additional DD and value engineering prior to proceeding with construction.
Excellent news, and welcome aboard Calbusier.

Thanks Calbusier, welcome to SRC!

I can confirm that BPM Construction Management has just been awarded the project as G.C. At this stage, they are trying to take cost out while still staying as close to the original design, specs & amenities as possible. Good luck with that as this project was originally budgeted 3-4 years ago!

I can confirm that BPM Construction Management has just been awarded the project as G.C. At this stage, they are trying to take cost out while still staying as close to the original design, specs & amenities as possible. Good luck with that as this project was originally budgeted 3-4 years ago!
3-4 years ago was a very different economic picture in Calgary. Would the economic slow down not help with construction prices? Or, are the two not related?

3-4 years ago was a very different economic picture in Calgary. Would the economic slow down not help with construction prices? Or, are the two not related?
I was wondering the same thing. I would have expected construction costs to come down since then.

Back