Aspen and Bow | ?m | 5s | Anthem | Rositch Hemphill

Hi,
Its only November but Give it 2 or 3 Months and I wil start to Look OK.

Tnx,
Operater.

The brick work has now started, most of the windows are in and I also attached a shot of the view from the penthouse balconies!

Brick start.JPG
Memorial Deck view.JPG

A couple of pics taken by me today. Does anyone know if there is a name for this building other than the address?
No project name so far. Here is the only website mention that I have seen.
https://anthemproperties.com/properties/memorial-drive/

I know the plan is to sell them as spec homes but it is odd Anthem have not done more marketing. I guess they are confident the location and all the drive by traffic is all they need.

I’m going to spare you all from viewing a photo on this one but I’m sad to come back from Europe to see the progress on this one.

Black smartboard textured side out fascia on the balcony edges with basic white perf. aluminum soffit. The central vertical wall between some balconies is a glossy ‘wood’ look plastic siding. Once the red brick completes this is going to be a mess.

I’m going to spare you all from viewing a photo on this one but I’m sad to come back from Europe to see the progress on this one.

Black smartboard textured side out fascia on the balcony edges with basic white perf. aluminum soffit. The central vertical wall between some balconies is a glossy ‘wood’ look plastic siding. Once the red brick completes this is going to be a mess.

You're completely right. The White soffit and glossy wood vinyl looks cheap AF. The Hardie looks ok, and the brick is good though.

To be honest, I don't have an issue with this one. It's not as upscale as Anthem's Waterfront project, but hardy board and brick are fine. The white aluminum soffit has that suburban feel, but it's tried and true, and is not noticeable enough to be a concern for me. I think when all is said and done, it'll be decent.

I don't know what all the fuss is about... increased investment on the exterior finishes would also be passed onto the individual buyer.

Given location, this is probably already pushing $500/sqft; compromises need to be made in this market, and I'm fine with a little extra faux finish - much better than not seeing this project happen at all. It's getting really hard to make the numbers work in the first place

I don't know what all the fuss is about... increased investment on the exterior finishes would also be passed onto the individual buyer.

Given location, this is probably already pushing $500/sqft; compromises need to be made in this market, and I'm fine with a little extra faux finish - much better than not seeing this project happen at all. It's getting really hard to make the numbers work in the first place
I think sometimes people forget about the economics of what's involved in building a condo project. Trying to make a project look nice, while keeping the costs down is difficult. There is color choice, etc... and maybe a few other little things where a better choice can be done for the same cost, but for the most part the materials chosen will totally affect the cost of a project.
For example, my wife saw the rendering for 'Marda' and the first thing she said was 'they should have gone with white brick instead of white aluminum' True, it would look nicer, but the cost would get passed down to the people living there one way or another.

This one has 5 different materials going on though. The red brick, the grey hardy horizontal siding, the cream smooth Hardy paneling, the grey smooth Hardy paneling, and the faux wood horizontal siding. Not to mention the precast or stone window headers and sills, white perf. aluminum soffits, Hardy trim, Smartboard type fascias, and whatever they plan on using for capping the 4th floor parapet and balcony railings.

They could have just done the brick and smooth Hardy paneling in the cream or a cream stucco and been done with it. Would have been sharp and the same cost, but now it's a mess for no architectural reason.

Back