News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary & Alberta Economy

Limits CO2 production during the production process maybe? I don't know the rationale.

Wow $455 million in venture capital for technology firms in Alberta last year. Calgary ranking 4th nationally with $353 million. Hoping for another big year in 2021

1616595457352.png

Last edited:

This is not looking very good to me. Anytime appeal arguments are being made on demand requirements at a time when global demand is down for obvious reasons, suggest that not all parties are looking at this project objectively. Combined with a renewed vigor by the environmentalists to kill all pipelines, I would say Line 3 may be in jeopardy. These permits could get reversed.
Decisions on Line 5 permit extension in May and then on the appeal of Line 3 in June. What more could go wrong with our energy exports???

This is not looking very good to me. Anytime appeal arguments are being made on demand requirements at a time when global demand is down for obvious reasons, suggest that not all parties are looking at this project objectively. Combined with a renewed vigor by the environmentalists to kill all pipelines, I would say Line 3 may be in jeopardy. These permits could get reversed.
Decisions on Line 5 permit extension in May and then on the appeal of Line 3 in June. What more could go wrong with our energy exports???
same arguments that have been brought up many times before and have been quashed. Very little chance of them over turning the permits already in place

Wow this could be a game changer for tech companies in our city

May as well just call it the University of Calgary tech fund now haha!

That combined with this is a great thing: https://albertainnovates.ca/impact/...lberta-innovators-and-entrepreneurs-to-excel/

Too bad it took them both so long to realize that trying to administer these things directly isn't a great model

Calgary Herald: Varcoe: 'The tip of the iceberg' as Amazon and Labatt sign renewable power deals in Alberta.

Really exciting to see Alberta starting to stand out for renewables. It'll never replace oil and gas, but I'd love to see Calgary become a major hub for renewables!

Back