4ourteen West | ?m | 3s | JR Mercantile Group

but man do they need to clean up the adjacent street corners as well. People might actually want to go to the area if it wasn't replete with empty lots and sketchy buildings.

As long as they leave Tandoori Grill alone! It's my go-to place for Indian and Hakka food in this city.

Those spandrel panels on the South side of the building look like warped paper. Is that the intended effect?

This is shaping up to be a lot less bland than the renders. Nice addition to a tired area IMO.

If only Sunalta would develop at a similar rate. The industrial vibe is prime for new office, micro brewers, creative firms.

Sunalta is so ripe for development. Especially with an LRT station nearby.

Maybe this as been asked, but what sort of tenants have they got lined up?

(Name aside,) I'll join the chorus and say that it is indeed a nice little project, but man do they need to clean up the adjacent street corners as well. People might actually want to go to the area if it wasn't replete with empty lots and sketchy buildings.
Not much they can do once you go north of this place, but this building has made a big impact on this stretch already!

CB88A702-E69D-45A1-B466-971CF4C0501C.jpeg

Attachments

• CB88A702-E69D-45A1-B466-971CF4C0501C.jpeg
    CB88A702-E69D-45A1-B466-971CF4C0501C.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 379
I took a class at the Quickdraw Animation Society located west of this development on 10th ave. Beneath the tangle of overpasses and c-train tracks this section of Sunalta almost has a Granville Island feel. It would be nice to see art incorporated into the many roadways.
Also, the Sacred Heart Church on 14th a few blocks away needs to update the lighting on its main spire. An architectural feature of that sort could be iconic for the area.
IMG_3305.jpeg

Back