1900 Marda Loop | 23m | 6s | Sarina Homes

Seeing as it's Sarina building it I'm hopeful it will be built at a good pace like their other projects.
It’s following a fairly similar timeline of their other projects on 33rd. As one project is wrapping up the next one starts construction. I’m sure as this one is wrapping up construction, the 1500 Block project will be starting construction.

20231215_120409.jpg

Hopefully this project proceeds smoothly. A lot this size sitting empty on 33 ave would be a huge setback for Marda Loop. Another massive lot was just cleared between 21 and 22 streets (former RNDSQR development). And two smaller lots just to the east that have sat empty or unfinished for years at this point.

I read that as they lose an amenity area, and it now becomes just a spot where the odd HVAC tech or maintenance worker can go to fix something as needed. Probably done to further ensure no "over looking" of the adjacent back yards.

I read that as they lose an amenity area, and it now becomes just a spot where the odd HVAC tech or maintenance worker can go to fix something as needed. Probably done to further ensure no "over looking" of the adjacent back yards.
That would be my guess too. It's a shame, because the downtown views from up there would probably be killer.

Disappointing that the board would prioritize concerns about "overlooking" of adjacent yards over giving future residents of a multi development a pleasant amenity area. It's going to be a long hard road to intensify with that mindset.

Back