1900 Marda Loop | 23m | 6s | Sarina Homes

back at it

0CFD9C2F-BC9F-4E11-8D17-928B30189576.jpeg
5B518E3E-2D04-4AD8-8993-C0AEB8BF46A2.jpeg

With all this development in Marda Loop, eventually this area would become a good candidate for an LRT line. Maybe an additional line from downtown going through Bankview, Marda Loop and MRU?

Unfortunately the rail transit into MRU (a streetcar) looks like it will be coming down 37 St from Westbrook. I'm not aware of anything more for Marda Loop other than beefing up the existing Max Yellow BRT.

Although I suppose it is possible the streetcar could branch off after MRU and head somewhere like Marda Loop.

Unfortunately the rail transit into MRU (a streetcar) looks like it will be coming down 37 St from Westbrook. I'm not aware of anything more for Marda Loop other than beefing up the existing Max Yellow BRT.

Although I suppose it is possible the streetcar could branch off after MRU and head somewhere like Marda Loop.
I’ve never heard any talks of street cars in Modern day Calgary? Any info on this?

You could continue the MRU streetcar through Currie Barracks (dense development in progress!), Flanders Ave, and then north along Garrison Blvd. I think a route that avoids narrow streets, high traffic streets, and steep hills, is possible until you get near 14th & 17th.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.34.39 PM.png

According to my crayon and bar napkin, the math works out.

You could continue the MRU streetcar through Currie Barracks (dense development in progress!), Flanders Ave, and then north along Garrison Blvd. I think a route that avoids narrow streets, high traffic streets, and steep hills, is possible until you get near 14th & 17th.

View attachment 535328

I'd say the flanders ave interchange configuration makes this a no go.

View attachment 535328

Hey, not a bad route you built for a tram. My minor changes would be to build a new interchange just for the tram above crowchild, going from Bishop Carroll straight east. Then I would go through Scarboro and straight north on 16 St all the way up to Sunalta station to finish.

Back