101 – 11th Avenue SE | 120.09m | 37s | Oxford Properties | Zeidler

I wonder if the rumored project is Park Central 2? The tower is on 12th, but the first phase is on 11th. I would be quite happy if it was this one going.
Park Central South is on 12, north tower is on 11.

Dont forget about the building where the old Dominoes was, close to the Beltline Safeway They closed all those business in that block and its completely gutted. Not sure why would do that if they weren't sure about moving ahead.

Edit: referring to this one:

1216 8th Street | 85.04m | 25s | Great West Life | Zeidler​

That’s right! I meant to post in that thread the other day that the businesses there have shuttered!

Dont forget about the building where the old Dominoes was, close to the Beltline Safeway They closed all those business in that block and its completely gutted. Not sure why would do that if they weren't sure about moving ahead.

If I were a betting man, I'd place my bets on that one ;)

I know there would be a lot of excitement if this one were to go ahead due to a parking lot being lost but honestly, I'd think it would be an opportunity lost. Think about it, this is the last fully undeveloped lot west of Macleod in the Beltline next to/really close to a future Green Line stop. I'm sure something more unique and creative can be done with the land rather than building another sterile podium and with an underused plaza for most of the year. I don't mind the towers but maybe a better podium like Hines Central Park or Curtis Block where there is also better alley street activation at a more human scale. I guess something a bit more master-planned with a greater vision for the whole lot, not just this parcel. Don't get me wrong this proposal would be great on any other block but there's so much more potential there. Just my 2 cents.

I know there would be a lot of excitement if this one were to go ahead due to a parking lot being lost but honestly, I'd think it would be an opportunity lost. Think about it, this is the last fully undeveloped lot west of Macleod in the Beltline next to/really close to a future Green Line stop. I'm sure something more unique and creative can be done with the land rather than building another sterile podium and with an underused plaza for most of the year. I don't mind the towers but maybe a better podium like Hines Central Park or Curtis Block where there is also better alley street activation at a more human scale. I guess something a bit more master-planned with a greater vision for the whole lot, not just this parcel. Don't get me wrong this proposal would be great on any other block but there's so much more potential there. Just my 2 cents.
I think it's more just that entire area is such a wasteland of parking lots and it's so depressing. But I agree

I checked and that project is on the corner of 8th street and 13th Ave. It doesn't touch 12th Ave

Instead of a project like this going ahead, I’d rather see a half dozen West17’s get built. Just my two cents.
I generally agree, but the amount of vacant lots is troubling. I'd like to see an adjustment in planning for the decreased demand of >100m buildings. For example, most things east of Centre St could be 6-20 storeys, instead of 30+ or nothing.

The problem is how you deal with the the loss of value of land speculation, whether we like it or not, that's money that disappears.

The loss of land value would be an issue if the zoning was capped off at 20 floors. Too bad though, as it would be nice to some low rise buildings in the east end of the Beltline. It would be better if it had the kind of mix the west side of the Beltline has.

Give it time. Those parking lots will disappear in the not so distant future. Plenty of vacant lots have been gobbled up over the last 10-15 years.

Back