Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Concept C

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Leave as is

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Put underground

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Would be better to put in a roundabout like there is further east over the CP tracks at Highfield. For pedestrians, put a signalled intersection pedestrian crossing just to the north end of the station.

Definitely option 1. Option 2 is not very pedestrian friendly. It turns Macleod into a freeway feel rather than any chance at a decent corridor and the overpass cuts off everything between the station and Reader rock garden. Option 2 is awful IMO.

Agreed. The freeway-ification of all our arterials needs to stop, especially in the inner city, double-especially where there is a rapid transit station adjacent. Option 2 reduces redevelopment potential, makes crossing to the LRT a pain and keeps vehicles moving fast all the way into the core. It is antithetical to what we are trying to do by building up the core and encouraging more sustainable transportation options.

Image2.jpg

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 768
Option 1 for suuuuure.

Option 1 would need to generate much higher property values and land sales than option 2 to be worth spending 5 times as much iirc the relative prices.

The renderings are only conceptual, but it looks like there is more general building mass in option 1. Not 5 times as much, but maybe enough to work.

Neither option shows the proposed pedestrian bridge to connect the future Anthem development with Erlton Station. Is that no longer on the table?

Neither option shows the proposed pedestrian bridge to connect the future Anthem development with Erlton Station. Is that no longer on the table?

It is still on the table. It's even more imperative with this realignment, because if the elevated alignment is chosen, there will no longer be a direct road crossing.

It would be fantastic if we didn't have to wait 20 years or more for this fix. then again it would be great to have Vic park station elevated too!

Its really frustrating how they don't separate the LRT line from grade where its needed beforehand. Even with the green line, many of stations should be elevated or below grade, but don't expect that from our city planners, they'll complain about the price tag but they'll come back in 20 years to fix it up wasting more money and time. Its just one of those things that really triggers me. One of the most recent expansions I can think of is the Saddletowne station, the tracks cut through the big saddletowne traffic circle and the traffic gets absolutely insane once the LRT's passing through, wait till they extend the blue line further north, the north side of the circle will get even more clogged. Had it been planned 20 years ago I may have forgiven them, but the fact it hasn't been to long ago since that extension has opened really gets me going. I feel like when it comes to transit, we do it once and right the first time, regardless of the price tag.

It's not the city planners - at all - complaining about price tags dude. It's city councillors, and usually only at the behest of their bitchy nimby constituents. In fact, it is caused by the thoughtless, penny-pinching opinions of the very people who then bitch about it once the cheaper option makes their commute into work more of a hassle because of traffic snarls.

Hi All.
When the L R T was Blt in the Early 80s - Very Early Days, there were NO Dvlprs or Ideas of Potential Dvlpmt as Such. It was Considered as Good to Go. To Change it and Either go Underground or Moved Over Won't Come Cheap. Not Sure really the Best Options off hand but I do like the Underground Options as the line is Underground at the Hill. I'll Pass on the Options for Now till More Planing is Completed
Tnx,
Operater

Underground would force them to go deep and under the river. $$$$

I like the look of Option 3. Option 1 makes more sense. Option 2 creates a mega block and puts the emphasis on cars. Please don't let it be 2.

Back