News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Attachments

• aowfoofjsajf.PNG
    aowfoofjsajf.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
750 Units? on such a small site? It would have to be two 150m towers... or a 200m & 100m tower... or a 250m & 50m tower.....................

Lots of love for the Stampede Station name in that area. If I had to guess, my bet is that it's actually at 15th Ave and Macleod Tr where the Stampede Station Indigo Parking lot is given the size of the proposal and they've just fudged the 17th Ave thing to make it more appealing to investors. Still very exciting to see more developments there.

Screenshot_20231213_011709_Maps.jpg

I'll be curious to see the timelines. Truman seems pretty bullish on the Conodo market right now. But they have a lot to pull off, they already have three buildings that need to be built given two of them are sold out already (Gallery, Imperia, Broward). I'm guessing these next two projects won't be completed until 2028-2030.

Great to see these new proposals come out the woodwork, just at a time when it looked like towers were out of vogue.

I was thinking that myself. I wonder if they bought the lot that was meant to be home to Park Point 2. Wasn't the original proposal there supposed to be 37ish stories?
I think the original Park Point II was going to be something like 24 stories iirc, but it may have been 37 floors.

Lots of love for the Stampede Station name in that area. If I had to guess, my bet is that it's actually at 15th Ave and Macleod Tr where the Stampede Station Indigo Parking lot is given the size of the proposal and they've just fudged the 17th Ave thing to make it more appealing to investors. Still very exciting to see more developments there.

View attachment 526831
This.

We seem to finally be seeing a crop of new towers moving forward, or at least being proposed. I hear there's a plan to redevelop the TransAlta bldg site by demolishing most of the main building and replacing it with a 35-ish floor tower. I think it's One Properties doing that one. Also a pair of 25-ish floor towers planned for Heritage Station area by the London towers. These will be formal applications soon, if they aren't already.

Christmas is coming a little early this year

I hear there's a plan to redevelop the TransAlta bldg site by demolishing most of the main building and replacing it with a 35-ish floor tower.
The one on 11th and Centre? I know it's not the friendliest building from a pedestrian realm, but I always kind of liked the architecture of that building. It looks like it should house NASA or some 80s tech company.

Yeah that's the one. I'm with you - I sort of like that building too. But if it'll get rid of a couple hundred thousand SF of office space while adding a few hundred new residents to the area, I consider it a win. Certainly better than what we ended up with at 17th and 4th, ie a gravel lot for how many years.

I'm with you. It's annoying seeing perfectly useable buildings, in some cases really nice buildings being torn down (Truman, First & Tenth and Broward???) when there are so many parking lots in the downtown and beltline.

Back