News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

US Politics

I agree with the assessments. Trump has no hope in closing the gaps even if a few thousand votes get thrown out in Pennsylvania, Georgia or Nevada. My concern is the trouble he is bent on causing between now and confirmation of the election results. A good percentage of the 70 million that voted for him are being told ... the "elections was stolen/ it was fraud committed by the 'Democrat-run' cities/it was a conspiracy led by the 'deep state". Whatever Trump wants to say, they will believe it. He will not go quietly and neither will his base. He is brought into question in front of the whole world, the entire democratic process about free elections and .... the Republican party, for the most part, is standing back and condoning it. How anyone can call that responsible leadership is beyond me.
Fortunately it looks like the tool to organize the potential reactionary civil unrest was Facebook, and Facebook is finally taking stopping this seriously. And Fox News knows that you know, a stable country is worth way more to their advertisers and investors than a volatile continuation of Trump. Plus it puts their news division on the side of what certainly seems to be the truth.

I've noticed Fox has toned things down quite a bit with several of their people repeatedly mentioning that there isn't any proof of the allegations. Most of airtime is being put toward general news stories, and outside of the three stooges (Ingram, Hannity, and Carlson) most of the Fox commentary pretty tame.

I was happy to see Twitter and Facebook mark Trump's post as false.

Fortunately it looks like the tool to organize the potential reactionary civil unrest was Facebook, and Facebook is finally taking stopping this seriously. And Fox News knows that you know, a stable country is worth way more to their advertisers and investors than a volatile continuation of Trump. Plus it puts their news division on the side of what certainly seems to be the truth.

Biden's lead in Arizona is below 13,000 now... but it's unlikely that Shitler can pull out a win, but not impossible. It will likely go to a recount.

Biden's lead in Georgia is above 14,000 now, and increasing. The recount there is going to happen, but it's virtually impossible that such a large lead could be overturned.

We won't have any good idea about what's going on in North Carolina til Friday.

So once Trump isn't president, I hope Twitter and Facebook block him permanently. He will probably hold rallies for the first year, but people will lose interest when a likely Republican candidate for 2024 starts to emerge. What I'm concerned about is Don Jr running, that guy makes me very nervous and the Trump supporters seem to want a dynasty out of this.

So once Trump isn't president, I hope Twitter and Facebook block him permanently. He will probably hold rallies for the first year, but people will lose interest when a likely Republican candidate for 2024 starts to emerge. What I'm concerned about is Don Jr running, that guy makes me very nervous and the Trump supporters seem to want a dynasty out of this.
Trump will keep himself in the spotlight in the run up to 2024. At age 78, he may want to pass the baton on to Don Jr. who has his father's 'loud mouth' , boorish behaviour and the same qualifications and experience for president, as Sr. had .... ...NONE!
Sr .will use his base as a means to keep Republicans in his lap. By 2024, a lot can change however. It could be that many Americans will have tired having an 'old white guy' as president for 8 straight years. The winning ticket could be whatever party offers the 'newest, freshest & most dynamic' candidate.

Last edited:
It's finished in Arizona, Georgia, and Nevada. Biden has been elected in all three unquestionably. Shitler has a nearly insurmountable lead in North Carolina, so it's likely going to go red.

Biden has been elected president with 2 more electoral votes than Shitler had in 2016. Hilarious! 😂

Troubling signs to the south. When I see a country that divided, it makes me wonder if there are major discourse events still to come. All through history the countries involved in revolutions or civil wars don't ever see it coming. The situation becomes more dire, but nobody expects the worst, and don't realize it's happening until it's too late. Most of me thinks things will calm down after Trump is out of there, but another part of me thinks it's only going to get worse. How it all plays out, who knows...maybe we are seeing a new type of revolution unfold before us and don't realize it.
What concerns me
A) The amount of far right media that has been forming. Many right wingers are finding Fox too moderate, and new right wing social media groups and platforms are for forming and new right wing media outlets are picking up steam.
B) That so many are believing the election was stolen scares me. If you take the left leaning population out of the U.S. or a large part of it, you are basically left with 1930's Germany/Italy.

There's a FB group called Stop the Steal that has drummed up a lot of unrest.

Looks like confirmation is going to be delayed until Dec. 14 when state electors declare their votes to congress. Trump is not conceding and has amped up the volume on fraud, conspiracy etc. The Republican leadership has deferred to Trump and are acting like his behaviour is justified.
I just hope some of those electors (that may be pro Trump) in battleground states do not decide on their own, who to cast the votes for ....meaning tip the balance in Trump's favour. That would be unprecedented and put the country into a terrible crisis.
If you watch Bill Maher, he thinks that is entirely possible as there is nothing in the constitution that says that it can't be done. He refers to it as the 'Gus' principle (see Disney movie of the same name) where a fictional professional football team decides to use a mule as place kicker. Nothing in the league rules that says it can't be done. :oops:

Last edited:
Looks like Trump still continues to try and delay and stall as much as he can, but it’s increasingly obvious that he has no way of stopping the inevitable.
What worries me is the whole right wing side of things and the 73 million people who voted for him. Earlier I said it feels like we are seeing the beginnings of a revolution, but maybe this is more like we are watching an empire in decline. Trump’s presidency, and the Covid virus have unveiled flaws with the United States that were somewhat hidden, but now are obvious. I really can’t help but be concerned about the direction of the country.

Last edited:
It's interesting you say that about the "empire in decline"... I have said that for about 10 years. What's worse is that their empire is not going gracefully into that good night like the British Empire did... they are going kicking and screaming like the Roman Empire did, and we all know what happened there (they took the entire European, Near Eastern, and North African worlds with them along with several other empires [Garamantes, Parthia, etc]). With our knowledge of history, this American collapse can be avoided, but likely won't be, especially due to widespread emergence of extremist social media and those flames being stoked by Russian and Chinese interests trying to destabilize American society.

At least Trump's finally given the Biden administration some leeway now. Would have been nice to see Trump admit he lost but we know who he is.
Yes we know he is self-centered and chaotic, and without character, honesty, decency or empathy. Yet, knowing all of that, 74 million people still voted for him. The parallels to how other fascist leaders or dictators came to power, are frightening. Four more years of this guy could/would be dangerous. Just the thought of him hanging around in the background while Biden is president, is disturbing.

By the end of the day or early tomorrow, Biden will surpass 80 million votes. Shitler is now only the 11th incumbent in American history to not be re-elected, and lost re-election by the largest margin since 1932 (FDR vs. Hoover).

Back