News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Love that rework of the main floor on that building. Another building that i think could really use a retail addition is 325 10 St NW. So many improvements to this block and the apartment that was adjacent will be sold fast for redevelopment to recoup demolition costs. It is an unfortunate gap in the retail street wall on 10 St NW that I think could be addressed fairly easily. Create CRU's that extend out to meet the streetwall edge, leave room for public realm improvements, maybe brighten up the blank wall with a mural. Pluses are the second storey balconies could be extended, the pedestrian experience would be improved, an unused lawn would be utilized on an important main street, etc. Would be an important retrofit to ensure a continuous street wall of shops along 10 St. These are the little investments that I think can make a pretty big difference in our urban fabric.
1603983802822.png

I've had that same thought quite often that the main floor there could easily be extended to the street, providing more lease income for the property owner.

The Women In Need Society (WINS) had a Family Resource Centre in that building from 2003-2017. It closed due to insufficient demand. Presumably more women in need elsewhere?

Who owns the building? Private or non-profit?

Back