Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
The Elbow River one will truly ruin our skyline for a century. 178 meters of garbage at the edge of the skyline. Who the hell keeps allowing these shit peddlers to get lots right on the edge of the skyline on every side? Next thing they'll be proposing a spandrel nightmare in Chinatown for christ sake.

It's coming online Saturday night, not tonight.

Ive never actually seen the lights in person so someone will have to enlighten me because I have a couple questions...

firstly, how many of the broken LED strips have they fixed?
secondly, are the LEDs on both the north and south faces of the building, or just the south?

Ive never actually seen the lights in person so someone will have to enlighten me because I have a couple questions...

secondly, are the LEDs on both the north and south faces of the building, or just the south?

Both north and south. We’ll find out tomorrow if any are fixed but a week ago there were still lots not working.

ElJZREIUcAEwUHb.jpg

From the video posted...zero. They have fixed none of the broken or malfunctioning bulbs that appeared during the test phases.
Disappointing that it has never been 100% working, especially during the “debut performance”. If they can’t have it flawless On opening day, it leaves you little hope they will maintain it as time goes on.
Call me a downer, but you wouldn’t see this happen in New York or Tokyo if they were launching something like this. It ruins an otherwise amazing display.

From the video posted...zero. They have fixed none of the broken or malfunctioning bulbs that appeared during the test phases.
Disappointing that it has never been 100% working, especially during the “debut performance”. If they can’t have it flawless On opening day, it leaves you little hope they will maintain it as time goes on.
Call me a downer, but you wouldn’t see this happen in New York or Tokyo if they were launching something like this. It ruins an otherwise amazing display.
When I was in Hong Kong I noticed a few buildings that had broken LEDs. The buildings weren't brand new, but weren't very old either. LED Technology still has some work to do, but the light show overall looked great.

i was watching the show from the hill in Mt Royal and chatted with someone who worked for Telus.

He told me that in discussions with the contractor in charge of the lights that although they will try to keep up with the "bunt out" lights, they expect there to always be a few not-working.

So i think we just have to accept that it will never be perfect and enjoy it for what it is.

Back