News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

The city's DP site shows the development on second street encompassing both the brick house and the small apartment building :mad: I would be extremely annoyed if in this time of down-turned economy, covid19 and stalled projects, this project went ahead. Same for the proposal at Red's.

Is there some kind of secret bylaw in Calgary that says you can't building on an empty lot, it has to involve tearing down cool old buildings :mad:

The city's DP site shows the development on second street encompassing both the brick house and the small apartment building :mad: I would be extremely annoyed if in this time of down-turned economy, covid19 and stalled projects, this project went ahead. Same for the proposal at Red's.

Is there some kind of secret bylaw in Calgary that says you can't building on an empty lot, it has to involve tearing down cool old buildings :mad:
No but the city could pass a bylaw registering the buildings as municipal historic resources giving them legal protection.

Riddel Kurczaba just applied for a development permit at
...mixed use including 168 residential units.
Anyone know anything about this?

Update: I did some research. It appears this application is a repeat of Sola by OCgrow

Last edited:
Oh hell yeah. That’s dope.

Keep the Apartments at least, would love to see the house kept as well but would sacrifice that to keep the apartments.

If this proposal were to go through I would love to see the house moved to the park across from the Stampede where the Enoch Sales House was located. It would be a great way to preserve some history and follow through with the original concept to turn the Enoch Sales House into a cafe for the park.

Riddel Kurczaba just applied for a development permit at
...mixed use including 168 residential units.
Anyone know anything about this?

Update: I did some research. It appears this application is a repeat of Sola by OCgrow
Thread for that project is here:

That’s terrible. The potential loss of a quarter block of beautiful history when only a block or two away is nothing but an ocean of parking lots. Come on...

The ocean of parking surrounds a future subway station even! Just build there for shits sake.
But developers can only build on properties they own.

Back