Calgary Event Centre | 36.85m | 11s | CSEC | HOK

Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 88 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 28.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
Gave my feedback online, definitely didn't indicate anything involving western heritage. Not really happy that's even on there, I don't want to see anything western go into the buildings design. Put up that stupid wood planking everyone else uses during Stampede and leave it the hell alone lol.

I'm excited for the 17th ave entrance. I think it's going to be a game changer for 17th ave east of 2nd street.

I hope it inspires something to happen with those autobody shops there, they completely ruin 17th all the way to McLeod.

Gave my feedback online, definitely didn't indicate anything involving western heritage. Not really happy that's even on there, I don't want to see anything western go into the buildings design. Put up that stupid wood planking everyone else uses during Stampede and leave it the hell alone lol.

I hope it inspires something to happen with those autobody shops there, they completely ruin 17th all the way to McLeod.

Why on earth was dog park one of the options for the public amenity space outside?

Yeah that was dumb too, there are more than enough dog parks in the city already...
As residential gets added urban dog runs in the Beltline add an impressive amount of all day pedestrian ‘activation’. That activation could enable an all day coffee shop or other amenity retail that keeps the space active in non game hours.

As residential gets added urban dog runs in the Beltline add an impressive amount of all day pedestrian ‘activation’. That activation could enable an all day coffee shop or other amenity retail that keeps the space active in non game hours.
Wouldn't the nearby ENMAX Park be a better dog park considering it's size?
Edit: There's a dog park attached to ENMAX Park just off Macdonald Ave

I hear Southcentre mall is being used for one, maybe inside the Events Centre is a better choice. The concourse would make for a good continuous dog walking route, and then you could use the rink space for off leash. However, you'd have to charge admission and ticket tax.

I just imagine dog turds everywhere and an ugly empty patch of grass in front of the arena.
You should check out the one across from Galaxy Dinner on 11th if your not familiar with urban dog runs. Plus grab a great breakfast!

I have no issue with another small dog park similar to the Beltline one you mentioned, just don't make it part of the arena itself.

You should check out the one across from Galaxy Dinner on 11th if your not familiar with urban dog runs. Plus grab a great breakfast!
Or go to Myhre's and get the best smoked meat sandwich in Calgary!

"Rivers District is a working title. CMLC is currently leading community stakeholders through a branding exercise to assign a new name that gives credence to this historic and important area of the city. With October’s demolition of the Corral on the calendar and the inevitable disappearance of the Saddledome, a structure important to the city’s identity, a new name and appropriate public relations campaign could be in order." From The Calgary Herald

Last edited:
Stampede Circle... Cowboy Corral... Nostalgia Area... Manufactured History Heights...

"Rivers District" is probably the best we can get, I hope they keep it.

Whenever I hear the word "corral" used for anything other than an enclosure for livestock:

index.jpg

Not quite sure where to post about this, but here it goes. I see this arena as a major opportunity to find new and innovative ways to drive fan engagement and provide an exciting atmosphere. That idea was really stressed in the Rossetti Bowl promotional video, and I think it's imperative that we get it right. And honestly, we don't have to look far to find a fantastic model. You see, I finally got around to attending my first ever Roughnecks game on Saturday, and MAN, they do fan engagement perfectly. The music during play and the PA Announcer taking a much more active role make a huge difference.
It's not just bland synth music and "NOISE!" on the Jumbotron between whistles. The PA Announcer was chirping the other team, calling some plays, and starting chants. For the last minute of the game, they got everybody in the building to stand up. They got everybody to count down the last 10 seconds of the game. I had never watched lacrosse before, half the time I had no idea what was going on, but I had an absolute blast. I'm sure there's some snobby NHL rules against some of these things, but surely there's more that the Flames can do for fan engagement than what they've been doing. What better time to revamp that than when everything else is being improved as well?

The roughnecks are a very underrated entertainment option. Especially when you’re talking about a group of people or a family it’s a good solid night out .

Not quite sure where to post about this, but here it goes. I see this arena as a major opportunity to find new and innovative ways to drive fan engagement and provide an exciting atmosphere. That idea was really stressed in the Rossetti Bowl promotional video, and I think it's imperative that we get it right. And honestly, we don't have to look far to find a fantastic model. You see, I finally got around to attending my first ever Roughnecks game on Saturday, and MAN, they do fan engagement perfectly. The music during play and the PA Announcer taking a much more active role make a huge difference.
It's not just bland synth music and "NOISE!" on the Jumbotron between whistles. The PA Announcer was chirping the other team, calling some plays, and starting chants. For the last minute of the game, they got everybody in the building to stand up. They got everybody to count down the last 10 seconds of the game. I had never watched lacrosse before, half the time I had no idea what was going on, but I had an absolute blast. I'm sure there's some snobby NHL rules against some of these things, but surely there's more that the Flames can do for fan engagement than what they've been doing. What better time to revamp that than when everything else is being improved as well?

Back