News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Infill Development Discussion

What would be awesome for crescent hill is if the zoning was changed to allow for a block or so of midrises that include retail and restaurants. It would become such a hub to hang around and a definite tourist hotspot.

I love this idea too - it would be like the Britannia retail strip but with incredible views. Unfortunately Fortress Rosedale doesn't seem to be headed in that direction ... just look at all the no turn / no turn at these hours / walled off entrances to the neighborhood.

What would be awesome for crescent hill is if the zoning was changed to allow for a block or so of midrises that include retail and restaurants. It would become such a hub to hang around and a definite tourist hotspot.
I like the park space they have up there, by the school, but I would be willing to sacrifice part of it, if it meant having some restaurants with patios along the front of it. Ultimately it would be cool if Crescent Road had a mix of retail/restos, and low rise (3-5 storey) building s along it.

I've also wondered about the idea of making Crescent Road one way, with one lane for parking and one for traffic. Taking the walkway along the edge and exacting it north a car lanes width to make it wider.

You can all dream, but unless the working class revolts and cracks out the guillotines the folks up at Crescent Heights/Rosedale will never let anything "dense" happen. Hell they fought the upgrade of the pathway up there, that's why we got that shitty gravel for most of it.

You can all dream, but unless the working class revolts and cracks out the guillotines the folks up at Crescent Heights/Rosedale will never let anything "dense" happen. Hell they fought the upgrade of the pathway up there, that's why we got that shitty gravel for most of it.
This was so frustrating, part of the plan was that if they paved it it would get snow removal. Instead one of the busiest paths becomes a skating rink each year. Makes no sense

Part of the decision not to pave it had to do with the stability of the slope IIRC. If the slope moves, then the paving will crack and it becomes a maintenance issue.

Renova (formerly known as Albi Renova) is doing this infill in Sunnyside:

Demolition of the one house that was on site is done and they have started excavating the basement level.

Similar for-sale 4-plex project on the other side of Sunnyside at 201 6 St by Unick Design. They have paid their off-site levy to get the DP released so expect this one to break ground soon. Would be the 3rd infill 4-plex to go ahead in Sunnyside this year.
cr=w-1600,h-1000,a-cc.jpg

Similar for-sale 4-plex project on the other side of Sunnyside at 201 6 St by Unick Design. They have paid their off-site levy to get the DP released so expect this one to break ground soon. Would be the 3rd infill 4-plex to go ahead in Sunnyside this year.

Excellent news, if I recall this site was owned previously by Stonebriar and of course they pretty much went belly-up here in Calgary.

They're like "ew" but then also "meh ok" and then sort of slightly "?" to me.

It's better than a bungalow, but worse than.... a trillion other possible designs.

noticed a medical professional building getting underway at 45th st and bow trail. there’s a render up on the sight but couldn’t grab a picture. excavator has started digging.
Bow 45, by Opus. Thread for it here:

Back