The Theodore | 35.66m | 10s | Graywood | Arcadis

Presales are ongoing at the Theodore. It is a center-ice location, so a great test if condos can make a go in Kensington in general right now.

I doubt anything is happening right now at the Midtown site. The price of the land is astronomical. Can't say more. I don't believe the current owner is the guy to take this forward. No reason to think it can't be redeveloped however, Great site for a tower in my opinion, especially with Bow to Bluff right behind and density at all other corners and no real reason to dispute the 'shadows'.

Presales are ongoing at the Theodore. It is a center-ice location, so a great test if condos can make a go in Kensington in general right now.

I doubt anything is happening right now at the Midtown site. The price of the land is astronomical. Can't say more. I don't believe the current owner is the guy to take this forward. No reason to think it can't be redeveloped however, Great site for a tower in my opinion, especially with Bow to Bluff right behind and density at all other corners and no real reason to dispute the 'shadows'.
Sorry which one is the Midtown site?

Looks like June 2020 is the groundbreaking date with occupancy planned for late 2021. Obviously things can change from now until then but it gives us a general idea.

That's really impressive. Must be a similar story to Era, probably multiple investors buying into it, likely as AirBNB properties.

That's really impressive. Must be a similar story to Era, probably multiple investors buying into it, likely as AirBNB properties.
Hopefully it's regular citizens buying into these condos, because investors are the ones buying all those condos in Toronto and Vancouver! But oh well, whatever helps our economy is welcomed

Yeah I'd imagine it's a mix of both, but more heavily weighted towards the investor side of things. It's just really cool to see some of the first true high rises (35+ meters) going ahead in both Kensington and Bridgeland.

Back