• Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
00-IMG_4984.jpg
00-IMG_4986.jpg
00-IMG_4986a.jpg

difficult to say definitively at this point but appears unoffensive at worst. if 11th & 11th turns out maybe looking at the west skyline will no longer induce a gag reflex.

The glass is turning out quite nice. I remember when we were all dreading what it was going to look like. Question for the construction nerds, is it curtain wall throughout, or are the balcony sections window wall?
The entire system looks to be window wall still, but would be more of what's called a hybrid system where less of the frame sits on the slab and is instead supported by steel angles that are fixed to the slab (the grooves in the slab you see at the ends are where the angle goes). It's still not a curtain wall as a curtain wall is supported entirely off the slab edge and this looks to partially bear on it. The benefit of a hybrid system is the extrusions are thinner (thus cheaper) and you can have it entirely face sealed (meaning the glass and seals to the frame are your water proofing, no membranes required at the slab edge), so it's a bit of the best of both worlds. A hybrid system should allow for more insulation at the slab edge as well.

The windows at the balcony would be the same system as the rest of the windows so that everything is compatible, the mullions will just sit on the slab.

I think the deciding factor on whether this tower is good or bad will be the crown. If they cheap out and make a spandrel mess like Alura did then this could be very bad. So far though I'm encouraged by the fact that there's no stucco and the hybrid window wall system looks decent.

When the glass first arrived I was happy... but now the more glass goes up, the more my hope for this one fades. I hope I'm wrong.

Back