News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Forum Issues

Can we set a time limit for a new account before it can create threads?

It's no secret that once in a while SRC gets spammed with nonsense from overseas bots... even a 2-3 day time limit would likely deter bots. It's not like the vast majority of us are creating threads anyways.
That'd be great. I'm finding the spam threads quite annoying. Kudos to the mods for cleaning them quickly, but still annoying seeing them on here.

On UrbanToronto we have a 20 post rule before you can start a thread. Should I implement that here?

On UrbanToronto we have a 20 post rule before you can start a thread. Should I implement that here?
Hi Ed, I don't know if the 20 post rule has been implemented or not, but a couple of spam posts have popped up lately, and both times right after the user had created the account.

I've noticed something janky with the website loading. When the website initially loads, the dark blue bar (and the drop down that shows new posts, find threads, etc.) loads, disappears for a hot second, and then comes back. My impatient ass usually ends up clicking the wrong link as a result in the split second the bar goes away.

I've had the same problem, the page seems like it's loading twice. It drives me nuts.
I've noticed something janky with the website loading. When the website initially loads, the dark blue bar (and the drop down that shows new posts, find threads, etc.) loads, disappears for a hot second, and then comes back. My impatient ass usually ends up clicking the wrong link as a result in the split second the bar goes away.

It does it really bad on my phone to the point where I have to scroll to the top of a thread to be able to click the link to get back out to the forum. Not every time but has been most threads lately.

This screen shake thingy happens to me all the time, and it's annoying. I don't know what's causing it, but it never did this before.

Back