MacKimmie Complex and Professional Faculties Building Redevelopment | ?m | 15s | U of C | DIALOG

Agreed. The Oxford design we've seen was pretty banal. A supertall version of the MacKimmie building would look amazing.
Sales Force Building SF.jpg

Kind of like SF..

Stunning tower. You just don't see that quality in Canada.

That version of Oxford is effectively dead. We are talking a decade or more until they could fill it.

Stunning tower. You just don't see that quality in Canada.

That version of Oxford is effectively dead. We are talking a decade or more until they could fill it.

It is an awesome building but in saying that, the only thing I like about it more than say Telus Sky, The Bow, 707 or even MacKimmie is it's height.

Last edited:
I just love the intricacies of the facade and the lobby glass is exceptionally pure.

Telus Sky has its unique shape. The Bow has Foster's iconic diamond grid. MacKimmie stands out with its double skin and a facade turned diagonally. 707 is an attractive tower. It doesn't belong in that company in my opinion. Your post stirred up strong feelings. I just couldn't bite my tongue.

I just love the intricacies of the facade and the lobby glass is exceptionally pure.

Telus Sky has its unique shape. The Bow has Foster's iconic diamond grid. MacKimmie stands out with its double skin and a facade turned diagonally. 707 is an attractive tower. It doesn't belong in that company in my opinion. Your post stirred up strong feelings. I just couldn't bite my tongue.

All good man, I appreciate everyone's opinion here. Over the years of lurking and reading posts I've learned a lot and even molded my own opinions based on a lot of the comments I've read from forumers here. In my opinion if 707 was a super tall it'd be one of the most gorgeous buildings on the continent.

We need to get this thread to the next page. The first thing I see is that SF building on post #288 and it's making all the other photos of the MacKimmie tower look squat and unimpressive. It is an impressive building and a wonderful addition to the campus, but it looks like someone took their thumb and squished down the SF building.

Back