News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Photos of Calgary

64779513_654796704986733_3515751810109501443_n.jpg

I had some relatives from England this past week and they loved Calgary. We were up on the bluff looking towards that same view ^^^ and my cousin said she couldn't believe how beautiful Calgary is.
I'm lucky enough to have Crescent Road as my daily bike commute into downtown everyday. And everyday I think how lucky I am to get to see that view.

I'm lucky enough to have Crescent Road as my daily bike commute into downtown everyday. And everyday I think how lucky I am to get to see that view.

There's not too many cities in the world where you can have a mountain range as a backdrop.

I'm starting to discover that the Bow River is a very underrated attraction. I've run into so many people over the past few years who have been to Calgary, and they almost always comment on the river and river pathway. Glad to see the city keeps putting an effort into improving it. As for the mountain view...yup, hard to beat that.

I'm starting to discover that the Bow River is a very underrated attraction. I've run into so many people over the past few years who have been to Calgary, and they almost always comment on the river and river pathway. Glad to see the city keeps putting an effort into improving it. As for the mountain view...yup, hard to beat that.
Agreed on the Bow River pathway. Calgary had a extensive, essentially grade-separated multi-use path skeletal network since before it was cool and did it largely in "secret": it's gradual and steady improvements from the 1970s onwards have helped keep it improving but largely below the radar in the regular city-building debates and discussions for decades. It's evolved to be a critical role in the image of the city as well as a critical recreation and transportation link along the river valleys.

You guys are so right. We in Calgary sometimes don't realize how great our river pathway system is until it's pointed out by visitors. After spending a fair bit of time in Houston, Dallas and OKC, I can easily say that our river path system is amazing. Cycling and pathways in general have come a long way. Had some friends from Dallas come up for a visit. They couldn't believe how busy the path from Peace Bridge to EV was on a weekday evening.

Back