Cube | 25.91m | 7s | Strategic Group

I agree about Strategic. Some of their projects are pretty average, but others like Marda are well done. Converting at least 4 losses (that I can think of - 2020, One tower, Cube and the empty Barron building) into wins puts them into that 'beneficial developer' category.

I wasn't keen on the colored panels originally, but seeing them in person, I can say that I quite like them. This is turning out much better than the rendering.

IMG_4235.JPG
IMG_4238.JPG
IMG_4236.JPG

Happy they kept the brick corners. For office conversion this is good no complaints. sounds like the floorplans are useable and the exterior is fine. Convert more of the C Class office around the city to this and we’re talking, I am sure there are similar buildings with limited rent roll that this could work for

Happy they kept the brick corners. For office conversion this is good no complaints. sounds like the floorplans are useable and the exterior is fine. Convert more of the C Class office around the city to this and we’re talking, I am sure there are similar buildings with limited rent roll that this could work for

When I drove by yesterday the brick was being covered by white panels

I think it will look slick with the white, but the brick wouldn't be bad at all either. Would much prefer they paint the brick white and charcoal rather than the reclad. Regardless, this project is bangin.

Last edited:
Kind of disappointing about the brick, but overall a big win. I love the fact that office space is getting converted to residential, but in a way I hope we don't lose too many of these smaller buildings. I'd really like to see one of the large downtown buildings get converted.

Kind of disappointing about the brick, but overall a big win. I love the fact that office space is getting converted to residential, but in a way I hope we don't lose too many of these smaller buildings. I'd really like to see one of the large downtown buildings get converted.

I agree. I'd love to see two (or all) of the Bow Valley Square towers get converted. It would be literally perfect. A block from the Ctrain, ample parking, easily convertable to have inset balconies (perfect for Calgary's windy climate), connected to the Plus 15, right near Chinatown, and tons of retail in-house. Couldn't imagine a more perfect spot for a res conversion.

Back